Chapter 3 - Costume Party

I walked to the kitchen and saw their food bowl was indeed empty, like I predicted. I picked up the bag of cat food and walked over to their bowl, they ran behind me, looking up and meowing. I filled the bowl and walked to the counter hearing the sound of cat food cracking as they ate. The front door opened loudly as Galilani entered. She carried a ton of bags upstairs and I saw my bedroom light go on. I went upstairs into my room where she stood in front of the bed which was filled with a pile of bags and clothes.

"So I have Catwoman which was originally my choice but I also found Batman... or woman!" She said while pulling a Batman costume out of one of the bags.

"Catwoman is really sexy, but I like the dash of bright yellow that comes with Batman." She said while pointing to the costume.

"I vote for Batwoman because..." I said while diving into the bottom of my closet.

"..I have these for you to wear with the costume," I said to her while holding a pair of neon yellow stilettos in my hand that I took out of the closet.

"They are gorgeous!" She squealed.

"They are still new; I haven't worn them more than once." I said to her while handing her the shoes.

She put them on and walked up and down my carpet like it was a catwalk.

 We drank hot chocolate and talked a bit for the rest of the night before she went home. I went to bed after watching a bit of Fashion TV.

I finished my designs the next day at work. The following day went by fast, and we left early to get ready for the costume party. Galilani came over to my house to get ready. We helped each other with makeup and fixed each other's hair. After we were done, we drove together to the party. Everybody was dressed in masks and I could hardly recognize anyone. The head of our firm gave a speech and thanked everyone for coming. Everybody was there from our firm and also everybody from the lawyers firm his wife worked for. The two companies had a great time. Everybody talked and laughed.

I slipped away to the kitchen to get another cocktail. There was nobody else at the cocktail table. After grabbing myself one, I turned around and almost bumped into somebody standing right behind me. He was wearing a black suit and a silver mask. He had messy dark brown hair, and I struggled to see the color of his eyes because it was so dark and the mask covered them in shade.

"Careful there." he said and held out his arm to keep me from stumbling.

"I'm sorry, I thought I was alone." I said to him, wondering if I was maybe getting a bit tipsy.

He could see my whole face and every part of me even though I didn't know how he looked.

"I'm the new HR at the lawyer's firm. I didn't get your name?" he said to me with a smile.

"I'm Adelynn Brooks. It's nice to meet you." I said shyly and smiled at him.

He smiled at me and before he could respond, Galilani ran up to me and said that Mr. Evans wants to see me. He was our head designer. I excused myself from the mystery guy and said that I would be back in a minute. He  smiled and nodded at me before I followed Galilani. Mr. Evans told me that he was really impressed by my work and that I have done a magnificent job with my latest designs. He said that they were going to be first at the fashion show for everybody to see the best work of the season. I was really surprised and almost hugged him as I thanked him. He excused himself and his wife and went home. I quickly rushed back to the cocktail table to apologize to the mystery guy, but he was nowhere to be seen. Everybody started leaving. So Galilani and I also said goodbye to everyone and walked out the building to my car.

We decided to go clubbing after the costume party. It was only ten thirty and the cocktails didn't have a lot of alcohol in them so we were still feeling fine. I suggested we went to a bar only a few blocks away from my apartment. If we are done, Galilani and I can go over to my place and sleep there. The bar was next to an entertainment club. We decided to get a few ciders and play some pool before heading to the club next door. Galilani was still in her 'Batwoman' outfit except she took off the sewn-on logo off of her chest, so you couldn't really tell she was dressed in a costume. She really stood out in bright yellow and black.

I changed in the car; I always had extra clothes and shoes in my car for times like these. I put on tight dark blue jeans and an open-back chiffon top with red heels. My hair was a wavy mess as always but smelled strongly of strawberries from the shampoo I used earlier when I washed my hair. As we walked through the front door of the bar the smell of cigarette smoke and warm breaths hit me. We walked over to the bar and Galilani winked at me before bending over the bar to talk to the bar tender. He looked younger that us. After a few minutes she called me to take a shot from the bar and then handed me another shot and a cider and took the same in her hands while we walked to the area with the pool tables.

"That's how you get shooters on the house." She whispered to me while she put her cider down onto the edge of the pool table. She usually flirted with the barmen to get free drinks and most of the time it worked.

 We started a game of pool. I wasn't a very good player, and Galilani was a bit better than me. There were two guys playing at the second table and the third table was unoccupied. 

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)