Chapter 15- Cleone's Arrival

His lips met mine. His hand was behind my head, and he kissed me with so much passion. I literally felt like there could be nothing better on earth worth doing than kissing Rodriquez Valdez. He picked me up by my thighs and put me on the kitchen counter. We continued kissing and I unbuttoned the top button of his white cotton shirt. His shirt was untucked from all the motion. I slid my hand underneath his shirt, touching his side. He was so warm, and I could feel every muscle under his skin. He pulled back, standing in front of me breathing heavily. He looked at me, his eyes really dark and mysterious.

"We have to stop; otherwise, I won't be able to stop. I don't want to do it like this," He said to me while tucking his shirt into his pants again

I got my head together and agreed with him in my thoughts. Now wasn't the right time for this. I hoped off the counter and finished the coffee.

We went into the living room and sat on the couch. My apartment was a lot darker than his suite. We cuddled up on the couch, while the music channel was playing in the background.

"The weirdest thing happened today." I said to him remembering what Duke did at the match. He looked at me seeming interested.

"Today at the football practice, Duke showed up out of nowhere, confirming to everybody, like really everybody there, that he made up the rumors about me and that he made the move and when I declined him, his ego got bruised that's why he sent those stuff about me on the group." I said to Rodrique.

"That's good; at least he knows when to listen." Rodrique said and took a sip of his coffee.

"What do you mean with 'knows when to listen'?" I asked him really surprised about what he said.

"Nothing..." He said smiling while he took a sip of his coffee, not looking at me.

"Rodrique..." I scolded him.

He only continued drinking his coffee, still not looking at me.

"What did you do?" I asked him again.

"Fine. You know I studied law and was a lawyer for quite some time?" He said.
"Yes?" I asked, waiting for him to continue.

"I only paid him a little lawyer's visit." He said smirking at me.

"What did you do, Rodrique?" I almost yelled at him, dying from curiosity.

"I went to his work; it was a coincidence that I had to change my tires last week. He worked at the place I bought and changed them. I went over there and told him that if he doesn't tell everybody in front of the whole team that he made up the rumors about you and tells them the truth, I will make sure he doesn't work in this town again, because I happened to be a lawyer. He was really threatened, and I know now that it had worked." He explained to me.

I paused a few seconds taking everything in that he had just said. "You really are my hero. You are the smartest person I know." I said hugging him from the side. "Lawyers and physiology brain." He said smiling and pointing to his head.

Everything Rodrique did and said made me fall in love with him even more. I laid my head on his chest, and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning, half an hour before my alarm. I jumped up from the couch. Rodrique was gone. I looked for my phone but couldn't find it where I left it on the table. I walked to the kitchen. My phone was on charge by the kettle. I opened my messages. The last one was sent last night at eight.

"You looked so peaceful, so I didn't want to wake you. I put your phone on charge and checked your alarm. I threw the keys of your front door through the small window. I had a wonderful evening. Hope to see you soon. Have a nice day."

Rodrique really thought this through. He didn't want to wake me, neither let me sleep in or sleep with an unlocked door. I replied his message.

"I am so sorry. I had a really long day at work, and I felt so safe with you. I couldn't help falling asleep. Thank you for connecting my phone to the charger and locking the door. I had a great time with you and thank you for the 'Duke situation'."

I made myself coffee and stood by the kitchen counter, thinking about Rodrique.

I got dressed and was ready to head out the front door to work when there was a knock on the door. I looked out the window and saw Cleone's long hair. I quickly opened the door. In front of me stood a very bleak Cleone, with dark circles under her eyes. She stood bent over with her arm over her stomach.

"Cleone! What happened?" I asked her in shock.

"I have the flu. Can I stay here, until I am better?" She asked, glaring up at me.

I helped her inside. She was weak and could barely walk by herself. I helped her to the couch, and she lied down. I threw the fleece blanket over her and sat on the arm rest of the couch, by her feet.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)