Chapter 28- Cleone's Drama

I woke up very early the next morning and found Cleone sleeping in front of me and Rodrique wasn't behind me anymore. Where did he go? It was still dark outside.

I got up silently and walked downstairs with my summer gown. I checked the clock on the wall. It was half past five in the morning. All the lights were still off. I walked into the kitchen and saw Rodrique sitting by the kitchen counter in the early morning darkness. The moon shone a white line over his face.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I couldn't sleep." He whispered back to me.

I walked up to him, and he picked me up onto his lap. He held me tight, burying his face in my neck. I held his head to my chest.

"I want to get help for Cleone, but I don't want her to run away again. She hated going to the therapist, and I don't want her to be angry at me for trying to get her some help." I whispered while staring at the white wall in front of me that was lightened by the moonlight.

"You have to do what you think is the best. Maybe talk to her about it, so she won't feel you are forcing her to get help. That's usually the problem." He said back to me.

He picked up his head from my chest and looked into my eyes. He put his hand against my cheek, gently stroking his thumb back and forth. He kissed me and his lips paused upon mine. I felt the stress leaving my body and the burning tears fading in my eyes.

My world turned upside down when Rodrique kissed me. He made everything worth living for. I needed him; I needed his presence more than I thought I did. I've felt like this life just wasn't worth living and that the best part of my life was over, until I met Rodrique. He became my safe place. He became my family and he made me feel like I was on earth for a reason again. I loved this man. He saved me from my anxious thoughts and meaningless life.

"I love you..." I said to him after he had pulled back from the kiss.

He looked into my eyes for a few seconds, not saying anything.

"Adelynn...I want you to know that..." He paused and took a deep breath before continuing."...That I love you too and I feel that I was put on this earth to love you and be with you till the end of my days." He said, staring into my eyes the whole time.

I wasn't expecting this. It was more than I could ever hope for. He was my dream come true. I don't know how long we sat there but it felt like time stood still.

The sun was starting to rise when he said that he should go back to the hotel to meet his parents. They were in town for two days. I climbed off his lap and walked towards the front door. He followed me.

"I want you to meet them and have dinner with us tonight." He said as I opened the front door.

I only nodded at him. I got nervous from thinking about meeting his parents.

"Everything will be fine." He said before kissing me on the forehead and leaving out the front door.

I closed the door and walked back upstairs to my bedroom. I got back into my bed next to Cleone, who was still fast asleep. I held her in my arms. I thought about her for a while before falling asleep.

I woke up from the heat. Cleone was also awake, and we lied in the same position as before. She didn't turn around.

"I'm making us breakfast, bacon and eggs." I said before getting up.

She didn't move or say anything.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out the eggs and bacon. I fried them and divided it into two plates. Cleone entered the kitchen as soon as I sat down. She sat on the chair opposite mine, at the kitchen counter. We ate in silence for a while.

"Cleone, something is wrong. Won't you consider seeing somebody? Maybe another psychotherapist. You're not the sister I know." I said eventually.

"Something is wrong, my whole life is wrong." She said, making eye contact for the first time in a long time.

Her eyes were red and watery from tears.

"You can't fix me. Nobody can fix me. It's too late for that." She said and looked down to her plate.

I opened my mouth to talk, but she interrupted me before I could.

"Please just be my sister. Don't worry; just love me like you are doing now. I can't take any change or drama at this point, so please..." She said while tears, I could see that she held back for some time, rolled down the cheeks.

I kept quiet. I felt my heart break inside my chest. Neither of us finished our food, so I put them away in a plastic container into the fridge.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)