Chapter 14- Football Confessions

I was happy for Galilani, even though if we had never met Clayton and Duke I would have never had the awful experience of what Duke did to me.

Clayton invited her to the football practice tonight. She said that I must come with her.

"Are you crazy?" I asked her surprisingly.

"I know! But this will be our chance to tell them the truth, and show them the real Adelynn." Galilani said to me.

She was right, this was the only way I could avenge myself. I had to put on my big girl socks and face them, because none of that was true.

I went home after work. I dressed myself in shorts and a t-shirt. Galilani picked me up from my apartment and we drove to the stadium where the guys practiced. There were only a few people there. We found seats and watched the boys run around. Clayton came to Galilani. He gave her a hug, being all sweaty and out of breath from running around. I didn't see Duke anywhere. Galilani and Clayton talked and laughed. A door slammed behind the bleachers and shortly after Duke stormed out onto the field.

His hair was wet, and his t-shirt soaked with sweat. He came to a stop in front of the bleachers, where the team was throwing the ball around. He stood there looking angry and nervous. Galilani and I looked at each other. Clayton also looked at us, clearly confused.

"I have a confession!" Duke yelled at the bleachers and his team mates.

"I sent nasty and untrue stuff about Adelynn Brooks on our team group! The truth is I was the one who made a move on her, but she rejected me so I spread rumours about her because my ego was bruised!" He yelled at everybody.

He looked embarrassed and stormed of the field again. The door slammed behind the bleachers once more. I looked at the team. Everybody was standing in awe. Their mouth practically hung open. A very shocked Galilani and Clayton looked at me.

"Don't look at me!" I said to them.

"What did you do?" Clay asked.

"Nothing, I swear! I haven't said a word to him after the fashion event." I said to them.

"This is like Christmas in July. He has never admitted to being wrong, let alone apologizes." Clayton said.

Everybody whispered to each other and some people started laughing. The team continued playing. What the hell just happened? I couldn't believe it. Duke didn't play with them. We didn't see him throughout the game either.

After the Game, Clayton walked with us out the gate. He stood in front of her while he rested on the bonnet of her car. He kissed her and she laughed. They seemed really happy together.

"Feeling like the third wheel!" I said annoyingly at them.

"That's what I though, so I came by to keep you company." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see Rodrique walking towards me. My legs got lame from the sight of him.

"What are you doing here? How did you know I was going to be here?" I asked him sounding surprised.

"I caught Galilani while I was at your work today. It was a bit early so you weren't there yet." He said looking over to her.

"I only told him that I'm taking you here tonight so he didn't have to worry," She said brushing off us putting her in the spot.

"Would you like a lift home?" he asked me.

"Okay, sure." I said, thinking fast.

Duke walked through the gate at that moment. He froze in his spot when he saw Rodrique. They glared at each other for a few seconds, fire burning in their eyes, before Duke broke the tension and climbed into a nearby car and drove off. Galilani and I looked at each other with wide eyes.

We said goodbye to Galilani and Clay, still snuggling on the front of the car, as we left. He drove to my house. I didn't open the car door yet.

"Do you want to come in? I'll make us coffee?" I asked him.

"That would be my pleasure." He said smiling his 'Rodrique smile'.

We went inside and he sat down at the kitchen counter. I put on the kettle.

"I have this hazelnut coffee, sounds very weird, I know, but it's actually very nice. I've been saving it for a special time, or when anybody would come over, which nobody does." I said to him.

"I would've seen you every day if I had it my way." He said while I was opening the coffee's tin.

"You could..." I replied him.

There was this moment between us. I paused my actions and we stared at each other. He stood up and walked towards me. He was inches from my face when I cut myself with the foil of the coffee tin.

"Ouch!" I yelled, sucking the red drop of blood on my finger.

"Are you okay?" He asked taking my finger in his hand to look closely at the cut.

"Yes," I said and looked at his face, his gorgeous face.

He looked up from my hand to my eyes. I forgot completely about the cut and stared into his eyes, I felt like I was looking straight into his soul. He came closer to my face with his. His nose was inches away from mine; I could feel the warmth of his breath on my face.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)