Chapter 38- The File

I switched on the kettle and filled two mugs with hot chocolate powder before adding the water from the kettle. I stirred it well and carried both cups to where Galilani was sitting. I handed her a cup and sat down on the couch again. We took a sip out of the cups simultaneously.

"Oh, by the way, Clay said that he knew Cleone. I showed him a picture of her, after I found out about the tragedy. He said that she was at their football games a few times. She just sat there alone even after everybody left." She said while sniffing away the tears.

I had no idea she went there. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. I had this feeling inside me that there was something I didn't know.

I left Galilani's later that night and went back to the hotel. Rodrique was in the shower when I got to his place. I kept quiet so he wasn't aware I was there.

I sat on the end of his bed, listening to the water running in the shower. It was the same sound I heard before I found Cleone. I miss her; I wanted to talk to her.

I saw Rodrique's drawer was open. I stood up and as I was about to close it I saw a file inside. On top of the file was written:

'GANG DRUG BUST: FOOTBALL TEAM 2018'.

I picked up the file and just as I was about to open it, the water stopped running and I heard the shower door opened. I quickly shoved the file back in the drawer and closed it. Rodrique came out of the bathroom as soon as I sat back down on the bed.

"I didn't hear you come in." He said and smiled at me.

"I didn't want to disturb you." I replied him.

He sat down next to me. His hair was wet, and he had only a towel wrapped around his waist. I looked at his abs; Little drops from the shower ran down his stomach over ever muscle.

"I'm going to order dinner from the restaurant. Is that fine with you?" he asked, smiling at me.

I nodded and hugged him. He stood up and walked to the living room. I had looked at the drawer that contained the file, once more before I also got up and walked into the living room.

I was really tempted to read the file. I thought Rodrique gave up the law part of his career, but this clearly showed otherwise. The file was created this year.

There was a knock on the door and Rodrique got up and opened it. It was room service with our order. He took the plate from the guy that brought it and closed the door again. He walked to the kitchen and came back with two plates of food. He walked outside onto the balcony and set them down on the table. Rodrique went inside and came back dressed in clothes. He sat down opposite me, and we ate together.

We went to bed after watching a movie. We lay in bed with only a sheet over our bodies. It was really hot, so we lay a few inches apart, facing each other. He gently stroked over my face with his fingers.

"You are the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on." He said and I could see him smile in the moonlight that shone through the window from behind me.

I took his hand in mine and kissed it.

"I am so thankful that you care so much about me." I said and smiled back. "You are my midnight fire, and my life has been a long and cold night." He said.

Rodrique's alarm went off at six. He was already up and getting dressed when I opened my eyes.

"I have to go to the office today. We have something very important to discuss." He said while folding his tie around his collar.

"I will be fine." I said and rolled to the other side and closed my eyes to sleep again.

I heard him open drawers and make a lot of noise. He walked over to me after he was completely dressed, bent over and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"I would like to get a few things from the shops, but I don't have a car." I said to him.

"I will get somebody to fetch your car for you in the next hour." He said and straightened his tie again.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

He kissed me on the forehead again before he walked out of the room. I lay on my back in the bed, looking at the drawer. I sat up right and just as I was about to stand up and fetch the file, there was a knock on the front door. I walked over and opened it slightly so there was only a small opening between the person on the outside and me. There stood a young man with glasses and curly hair with a key dangling on one of his fingers.

"Mr. Valdez asked me to bring your car for you." He said friendly.

"Thank you." I said and took the keys from him without opening the door all the way.

We waved at each other before he left again. I went back to Rodrique's room and put on clothes. I locked the door and went down to the lobby.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)