Chapter 22- Romantic Gesture

I blushed and gave him a tight hug as he approached me.

"Thank you so much. I don't deserve someone like you in my life." I said while my head rested on his chest.

He took my head in his hands and looked me in the eyes.

"You are perfect, and you only deserve the best. You are a queen." He said and kissed me.

I felt my heart beat faster.

"Turn around and close your eyes." He said to me, and I turned around to face the mirror on the wall and closed my eyes.

I felt his hands on my neck, gently touching me. I got goose bumps.

"Open your eyes." He said softly.

I opened my eyes and saw a silver necklace with seven diamonds curving on the bottom of the chain. I felt tears burning my eyes. I turned around and faced him again.

"Where have you been all my life?" I asked him rhetorically.

"Looking for a red-haired angel." He said smiling.

I looked down to the floor. I wasn't an angel, nowhere close.

We walked outside to his car, and he opened the door for me.

We drove to a very fancy restaurant only a few blocks away from the Roseland Forrest Hotel. He made reservations for us. The waiter came with a bottle of wine and poured us both a glass. It was very fancy. The waiter brought us appetizers without even taking our order. Rodrique explained that you paid a certain amount, and they bring you the food that the chef had made for the night.

"The reason I brought you here tonight is that I want to ask you something." He said and smiled at me.

My heart raced and I could feel myself blushing.

"Yes?" I waited for him to continue.

"We've been seeing each other for a while now and I really enjoy your company. You are already my best friend and the best company I could ask for. I want to ask you if you want to make things official between us and be in a relationship with me?" He asked and waited for my answer.

I waited for my brain to realize what Rodrique had just said before I opened my mouth to talk. "I'm really glad you asked. I would like to make it official with you." I replied him.

He got up and kissed me on the forehead then sat back down again.

We ate crayfish as a main meal and a bit of strawberry ice-cream for desert before he suggested we go to his suite while we wait to pick up Cleone. I didn't tell him what had happened; I just said she had a bit of trouble that's why she's staying with me for a while. He didn't ask any questions about it.

We drove to the hotel, and he parked in his usual parking spot. We walked straight up to his suite. I brought other clothes with me in a bag and went into his bathroom to change. I put on a tight mini skirt and a tank top with flats and underneath I put on my swimsuit. Rodrique said that I must bring my swimsuit with me because the hotel had a wonderful heated pool as well as a cold one.

I came out of the bathroom, and he wasn't in the living room.

"Rodrique?" I called out to him. "In here!" he called out of the bedroom.

I walked closer and before I could reach the door he opened it and walked out. He had on only his swimming shorts. It was the first time I saw him without a shirt. I knew he was in good shape, but I didn't expect him to look this good without a shirt. Every single muscle was perfectly formed. He had perfect complexion and even toned skin.

"Shall we go down to the pool?" He asked, pulling me back to reality from daydreaming about him.

"Yes." I said and turned around, so he couldn't see me blush.

I took a deep breath and walked towards the door. He put on a white V-neck T-shirt and grabbed two towels then followed me outside.

While we were waiting for the elevator to arrive, I looked at him from the side of my eye. He was already looking at me. He touched my hand with his fingers and entwined them until he held my hand. I looked down to our hands in each other's and smiled. We stood in front of the elevator, and everybody saw us when the door opened. A few people stepped out. Everybody was whispering and looking back to us over their shoulder after they passed us. We stepped inside and watched the people that were looking at us, before the doors closed.

We walked over the bridge that leads to the restaurant and walked through a small dark corridor. The walls were covered with plants and had that wet forest smell. We walked to the other end of the corridor and entered a big glass building. There was a pool in the middle, and plants grew against the walls. Plants hang from the roof, and it smelled like a real forest. There were a lot of rose bushes growing around with red roses. I was in love instantly. I turned around and saw Rodrique. He took off his t-shirt again and stood there looking at me. I was at peace. Something in this man's eyes made me feel safe.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)