Chapter 40- Fourth Avenue

"She came here shortly after I had brought you here. I tied her up to keep her here but she escaped somehow. I heard the news that she killed herself before I could go looking for her again. It's sad because I really started to like her and she was caring my child, but it would have been a disaster either way because she was addicted to heroin and she kept stealing my supply, poor girl." He continued his story.

"Who are you?" I asked again. My heart felt completely broken by this time and I felt hopeless.

"I'm Rodrique's friend." he said and smiled again through the mask.

Another person entered the garage. It was the guy with the dollar sign tattoo in his neck. He walked up to the guy in the mask and stood next to him with his hands folded in front of his chest, staring at me.

"There is a car outside across the road. I think it's them." He whispered to him.

"You didn't bring the police with you, did you?" He asked me then followed the other guy out the garage.

The two boys standing at the table stopped what they were doing and looked around the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked them.

"We are helping him pack drugs. We lost our supply that we were supposed to sell, so he said that we must work for him and do anything he says otherwise he'll kill us." One of the boys said with wide eyes.

"Please you have to help me, just untie me so I can untie Rodrique, he will help us!" I said to him.

He turned his body away from me.

"Please!" I begged him.

He looked at me and hesitated. The other boy walked over to me and untied my hands and quickly walked back to the table. The other guy looked nervously at him. I took the rope off of my hands and ran over to Rodrique.

"Rodrique, are you okay?" I asked him and held his head in my hands to see if he responded.

He opened his eyes and closed them again right after. His head dropped again when I let go. I quickly looked around to find something to cut the rope around his hands with because the knot was too tight to untie. There was a cupboard standing by the wall. I opened the drawer and saw a gun. I picked it up and checked to see if it was loaded. It was.

I heard footsteps outside and quickly ran back to where I was tied up before and sat down. I hid the gun under my thighs. The two men came back.

"I can't see who it is, we have to pack up and flee." He said to the two boys and they nervously started picking up the drugs from the table.

The guy in the mask walked over to me and held his face in front of mine.

"I have to kill you and your boyfriend first." He said and smiled again.

He took off the mask, and I could see his face. I immediately recognized it. A face that made me so sick to my stomach. It was Duke. The same Duke that I met at the bar with Galilani. The same Duke that spread awful rumors about me and now it's Duke that was the reason why my sister killed herself because he got her pregnant and addicted to drugs.

He walked over to Rodrique. He stood next to him and took out a shiny knife from his pocket. He held it to his throat.

"Say goodbye." He said to me and started cutting.

A strain of red blood ran down Rodrique's throat, and he cried out from the pain.

"Stop!" I yelled at him.

The boys walked outside with the tattooed man carrying hands full of drugs.

"Kill me first. I was the reason that you got caught, and things turned out bad for you." I said while looking into his eyes.

He retrieved the knife from Rodrique's neck and walked over to me. I clenched my thighs, so he won't see the gun.

"I would still like to get my way with you, before I kill you." He said and touched my hair.

He smeared the knife onto his jeans to clean the blood from it.

"I have a few last words before you do as you please, like you always do and never worry about other people's feelings." I said and looked up at him.

"I never did anything to you. This shows me that you are a bad person by blood. You have a rotten soul and even though nothing can bring Cleone back, I will still get justice for her." I said looking straight into his eyes.

He laughed a slow deep laugh, and it echoed into my brain. My soul went numb, and all the sadness left my body.

I looked over to Rodrique still sitting in the same position as before. Duke turned around and walked towards him. I saw the knife in his right hand. It reflected the sun and for a second I could see my refection in it. It wasn't me that I saw. I didn't recognize myself.

I looked over to Rodrique. I knew I had to save him. I've only known him a few months but that was enough to make me realize that I loved him. I truly loved him, and I knew I would give my life to save him. He cared for me and kept me safe. I saw a few back flashes from our times together, the type you saw before your life ended.

PLEASE VOTE BEFORECONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)