Chapter 6 - Ladies Night

He kissed me on the cheek and whispered in my ear that I must sleep well and not dream too much of him. I smiled shyly and waved to Clayton, still standing very close to Galilani. She followed me eventually when I started walking towards my car. I climbed in the front seat and waited for her to close the passenger door, before I drove off. She waved at the two guys that stood in the parking lot, watching us drive away.

We arrived at my apartment a few blocks further and went inside. Galilani took off her shoes and tutu and lay with her head on her hands, on the other side of my bed in just her body shirt and socks.

"Addie, I kinda like Clay." He's so sweet and energetic." She gushed about him.

"They are very friendly and generous, very..." I replied her.

"I gave Clayton your number earlier to give to Duke. I hope you don't mind." She said to me.

"It's fine." I said to her while putting on my satin sleepwear before turning of the light and getting under the covers.

"I am so tired. I hope you sleep well." I said to Galilani before closing my eyes.

"Goodnight." She said softly to me.

The week went by fast, and I never told Galilani what had happened the night that we met Clayton and Duke. Galilani invited Clay, as her date, to our fashion show event.

Duke messaged me and apologized for his behavior the other night and said that he wanted to make it up to me. I said that he could come to the fashion event with me and that Galilani and Clayton will be there too. He said that he had a suit waiting to be worn in his closet. Galilani was so excited when I told her at work today.

"The best thing to me is that we get to wear the unseen new designs!" Galilani said to me while sitting at the end of my desk.

"Have you seen your dress yet?" I asked her.

"I have seen both our dresses. Yours is green and it will go great with your hair. Mine is purple and pink." She said excitedly.

Galilani and I planned on meeting up tonight for a drink. It will be just the two of us at the hotel. Thursdays were ladies night. Cocktails were two for the price of one. We haven't been there for some time, maybe a few months ago. I'm picking her up after work today.

I went home and went straight up to my room after filling the cats' food dish. I opened my closet to see what I was going to wear tonight. We always dressed really fancy if we went to the hotel because they had a formal dress code at night. I decided on my green dress. It was a long, green, off-shoulder dress with a slit all the way up my leg. With the dress I wore silver heels and silver diamond-shaped earrings to match my shoes. I washed and dried my hair and combed it all to one side. I applied my make-up and walked to the mirror to admire how I look. I really liked dressing up, and Galilani and I had the same taste, so we liked doing it together.

I drove to her house. She texted me to come inside and see our outfits for the fashion show event the following evening. She opened the bag to reveal a beautiful green dress with detail on the back and next to it on the floor was a pair of golden high heels.

"This is your jewelry." She said while holding out a golden leaf-shaped bracelet that twists around the upper arm, a pair of golden earnings and a golden ring also shaped like a leaf with an emerald in the middle, next to the leaf.

"Wow, I'm a stunned." I said while gently stroking the jewelry she held in her hand.

"You're going to look gorgeous! Shall we go?" She asked while setting everything she held in her hand on the edge of the bed.

Galilani had on a white dress with black sequence covering the top and black feathers around the neckline. She looked gorgeous. We headed to my car and drove to the hotel. All the way there my phone vibrated a couple of times. We came to a stop in front of the hotel.

"I'll drive around to the parking and quickly check who's looking for me on my phone. You go ahead, I'll find you inside." I said to Galilani.

She got out of the car, and the valet of the hotel took her inside. I drove around the building into the parking lot of the hotel. There were only two parking spaces open. I stopped next to a red Audi. It seemed like there was a lot of people at the hotel tonight.

I opened my messages. It was my sister. I decided to call her and find out what was going on.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Cleone, what's wrong? I'm not going to read all your messages. You've just sent a million question marks!" I said over the phone.

"Where are you?" She asked me.

"I'm out with Galilani." I said.

"Why didn't you invite me? Is it because I don't have any money left?" she asked me.

"How is that possible? You got money just last week!" I almost yelled at her but took a deep breath before i continued. 

PLEASE VOTE BEFORE CONTINUING!! THANK YOU ;)