t w o

I pull the covers over my cold body and lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I just couldn't get myself to be tired anymore.

I picked up my phone and started to go through my socials until I finally became tired. I put my phone back in charge, on my bedside table, and turned to my left side, shutting my eyes to finally sleep.

beep beep beep

Now was when I was supposed to get up. This new gig has me a little nervous. Some big actresses and actors supposed to be on the works of this movie which confuses me so much because me, Alison Lynn Birks, the stupid Alison Birks, is going to be doing makeup for a select few of them for months.

I make my way to the kitchen and pour some grains into a bowl along with yogurt and fruit.

I sat down to eat my breakfast while looking through the information e-mail for this set. Apparently, I have to travel to other places for this gig which is pretty cool. Most of my gigs are always in one place, London, so it isn't a hassle for planes and luggage.

I hate travelling from one place to another place constantly, but we're going to Venice! I've always wanted to go there. It looks so beautiful. Prague too!

Dear Ms. Birks,

We are eager to hear that you have accepted this offer to be one of few people chosen to be a makeup artist on set of a huge movie that will be unnamed until you arrive. The pictures you have sent in have amazed us. Please arrive on time this Sunday at 8:30 am. The location is *insert random up address here*. We cannot wait to see you and your talented skills in person and start off this week with this project that you are included in. We are providing supplies so, please, do not feel the need to bring in your own products and tools. The makeup room that you will be commencing in is 35. Please contact me here if you have any further questions or comments. My phone number is *insert random phone number here* if you need me immediately.

Sincerely,
Jon Watts

I can't believe that I'm really going to be doing this gig. I'm not sure which movie it is. Though, one of my clients suggested emailing Jon Watts since he was looking for a makeup artist for some movie.

I just hope this movie's a good movie and that I don't ruin it with my makeup skills. I'd punch myself if I ruined any of the actors' looks.

I finished my breakfast just in time for me to get dressed. I open my closet and stare at all the clothes in it for a whole minute. I decided to wear my favourite jumper paired with some striped trousers and some sneakers.

 I decided to wear my favourite jumper paired with some striped trousers and some sneakers

Makeup wise, I didn't spend much time on my face. A little bit of concealer, blusher, mascara, and a nude lip. I also filled in my brows. Very natural and lazy, I know.

I grabbed my small little backpack and put in my keys, my phone, some tampons and pads, a tiny sample perfume, lip balm, a packet of tissues, and band aids because who knows when those can come in handy?

I left my house and unlocked my car, allowing it to beep, indicating that it was unlocked.

I opened the car door and closed it right as I had all of me inside of the vehicle. I reached for my seatbelt and buckled it.

Now, I pulled out my phone to check what the address was from the email, then typed it into the built-in GPS system in my car.

"In 400 meters, turn left." The GPS started guiding me almost immediately after I pressed "start guidance".

I started up my car, switched the gear to reverse, and pulled out of my drive way.

*time skip*

I parked into the parking lot and turned the car off. I took my bag, which was placed in the passenger's seat, and exited my car.

I put on the bag before shutting the door of the car. I had the car keys in my hand and locked the car.

The set looked so plain from the outside, black with several entrances.

I entered through a door that had a sign reading "Set members only!" All the doors had that sign on top of the door frame.

It's truly stupid how the door was just unlocked since random people can just sneak in and walk around the set. Though, they'd most likely send security to send non-set members outside.

I walked in and saw a ton of people. It was crowded in there which I was not expecting for some reason. I wanted to persuade myself that people would be spread around the place but I guess not.

I read a sign saying "Hair and makeup this way" which pointed to the right.

I followed the directions but walked with my head down, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

I hate making eye contact with anyone. It scares me. I cannot do it. I can attempt it for a maximum of 3 seconds before looking past their shoulder. It's not one of my professions, even though eye contact is a normal human thing. I guess I'm just not normal, I'm weird.

I finally found room 35, the room Jon had written was mine, and twisted the door handle, letting myself in.

There was a man sat on the makeup chair, scrolling through his phone. He looked familiar... A familiar stranger if you'd call it that.

I know him but I don't know him. It feels like we've met before but it feels like we haven't. He tilted his head up, hearing that I had walked in. He glanced at the mirror to see me, before looking back at his phone.

I instantly tilted my head down and walked towards the little place to hang belongings. I hung my backpack on a hook beside his things.

He seemed to have just brought an umbrella in case it rained.

I could feel his eyes on me now. He watched me take my phone out to contact Jon about what I should be doing and shouldn't be doing.

"You must be the makeup artist." The man finally said.

I turned around to look at him. I knew his voice from somewhere but I just don't know where!