t w e l v e

Zendaya sat right in front of me and looked down at her phone. I caught a few glimpses of some things she was doing but had to focus on her makeup, obviously.

Her skin was literally flawless. Let me tell you how many flaws she has. Zero. Her skin is the definition of goals.

"Your skin. I just... Wow." Nothing could process from my head and through my mouth properly.

She looked up from her phone and looked at the mirror to look at me. Her eyes were shining from the lights. "Can't say it's as gorgeous as your skin though. Look at you! Your skin this morning was glowing. I'm jealous. Do you see these acne scars?"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh you mean the ones that are located nowhere on your face?"

She smiled. "The two people slayers are here!" She shouted, accepting her compliment and wanting you to accept yours.

I turn pinker than the subtle blusher that I used on her cheeks. Keep it simple. Natural makeup.

She looked back at her phone and was on a hilarious meme. I laughed accidentally and she knew I was looking at her phone.

My eyes show that I was embarrassed and she saw it on my face before I could go back to my normal expression. "It's okay. You can look at my screen."

I stiffened up at the fact that she even noticed but loosened back before going back to doing her face.

As I was done with her makeup, she just looked the same. The power of Zendaya. She eventually left the room and it was time for Tom's, which, he knew the drill. He already knew what I was going to do on his face and I already knew the shades for his skin colour. I guess it was easier since I didn't have to take a few minutes to match it up with his skin.

Again, he had his phone just like yesterday and just like Z. I guess this is 'getting your makeup done' culture, sitting there while using your phone. I'd probably do the same if I were them. Zendaya left the room quick for a hair and wardrobe change. Tom, Haz, Jacob, and Tony were left in the room. Damn, yesterday I just had to do Tom's and today, I have to do Tony's, Jacob's and Z's, not that I'm complaining. It's just all of a sudden.

"What d'ya got there." He scrolled past a picture of Tom, Z, and some other guy who I knew was Darnell Appling. I wonder where Darnell is anyway. He should've been there last night, right? Maybe he had other things to do but I really wanted to meet him. Guess not.

Tom pulled his case-less phone towards his chest. "Y-you saw that, huh? Just some old paparazzi picture that happened to come up in my feed."

I start blending his concealer in. "Cool. You all look absolutely violated." I joked.

He chuckled. "That's because the paparazzi violate everyone. God, if they would just leave everyone alone for once." He complained but changed the mood with one more sentence.  "Well, it's their job so what's there to complain about there?"

"I have no idea what it's like to be bombarded with cameras when you don't want them to be there but it sure sounds horrible."

The conversation ends there and ironically, I also finished blending his concealer by then.

Haz clears his voice to talk. "It's pretty horrible. I swear, they'll just be yelling random questions at you."

Jacob adds on. "I wanna laugh so bad every time they come near me to take pictures. Their yelling is hysterical to me."

I smile, knowing that that'd probably be me too.

The same old filming went on except Jacob, Zendaya, and Tony were added in. Michelle is such a relatable character. I swear, that was me in high school, except you know... I wasn't left alone by the popular kids... Ever. You know the story, right? (Bullying and stuff if you chose to skip flashbacks)

Watching all four of them on screen was so much better than just watching Tom do his thing yesterday. I do admit, it was cool watching him do it alone without the main cast other than Marisa, but it just felt more high school-like today. I heard we're going to an actual high school in Atlanta so that'll be an actual high school, not feel like one.

"Pass me some?" A voice came from the back as everyone was taking five.

I got some grapes without checking who it was and turned around to give it to them. "Hey Tom." I hand him the grapes.

"Hey Alison. Thanks by the way."

I give him a gentle smile. "You did great so far." I compliment him, not caring that I just said something I'd never have the courage to tell anyone. I know, compliments are amazing and good, but I always have this feeling inside of me that that person would never compliment me back. That's why I just stay quiet but beat myself up inside.

His cheeks are flushed with a rosy pink. "Yeah? Thanks. Part of you helped with it." You were confused. How could you possibly help with his acting? "With the makeup, love." He sensed the dumbfounded look on your face.

You were almost petrified at the fact that he just said 'love', referring to you. Yeah, it's a common English thing, but you just haven't been called it enough times. After all, a lot of your life took place in Canada and not in London. Sure, you were born here and you have the accent, but you just haven't gotten used to the slang yet.

I blushed but tried my best to hide it. "O-oh uhm I-i thought I messed it up but I guess not."

He rubs the back of his neck and couldn't help but smile. "Have you seen the pictures on your Instagram? You're the best of the best, Alison!"

I leer at the plain floor, unable to even look up at him. Compliments are the worst when they're for me because I can never accept them properly... Until now. "Th-thanks, Tom. You really think that?"

He smiles a little wider. "Of course!" Our shoulders brush together as he tries to pick up a bottle of water from the table. He gives me a softer smile as he twists the lid to the plastic bottle, planning on drinking it. "I have to go. See you soon?"

I nod my head in agreement and whisper the same words he said but to myself. "See you soon."

You watched his fluffy hair filled with curls bounce up and down as he walked away. It was as if his hair came from the feathers of an angel, perfect. Not that you even liked this man in that way though. Or did you? Probably not. But what if you did? Whatever. It was too late now. You're a nobody and he's a somebody in thus world. Which somebody would even like a nobody?

ⓐⓤⓣⓗⓞⓡ'ⓢ ⓝⓞⓣⓔ

Oops here's a chapter a day early! A little early treat I guess? Aaand the slow process starts :)) dkm for this