f l a s h b a c k IV

This flashback is absolutely safe to read!! Nothing alarming is included here.

"Alison! Have you packed yet!" Your sister's voice must have deepened a little bit because you couldn't even recognize that it was her for a second.

"Er yeah! Just a minute!" You stuffed a shirt into your backpack just in case anything happens to the clothes you were wearing right now, and zip it up.

You slung it onto your back and approached the door, not exiting. You stood near the doorframe and decided to give your room one last glimpse. It was still furnished and everything but you wouldn't be seeing this room for a few years. Your parents have work in Canada but in 5 years, you're going to have to move back to London. Your parents also want your sister to graduate from this one high school in Canada since she is going to be a junior by next week.

Getting a job offer and finding a nice high school near the new house? That's a score for your parents. And guess who has to follow in her sister's footsteps and go to the same high school? Me.

I close the door to my room and take a deep breath before heading down the stairs where Seraphina and your parents were. "Got everything?" Mum scans the clothes you had on and approves of it.

I nod. "Yup."

"Are you sure about it?" Dad looks at my bag which was barely packed.

Instead of looking at my parents, I moved my eyes to look up at the ceiling, thinking about it. "Mhm." I say in a squeaky voice.

"Great because we're not coming back for 5 years. How's about we say hello to poutine, ey?"

I roll my eyes at the fact that my dad was trying to act like a 'Canadian'. "I doubt they overuse ey and mispronounce about like 'aboot', dad."

He chuckles to himself. "It's a joke, Ali." Sera was tired of you not understanding jokes and taking them too seriously.

I ignore her response and we all walk out of the house. Mum locks the doors with the keys for the last time in a while.

My uncle has a huge car so he's going to take us to the airport. We need a huge car to fit in luggage and bags. The place that we just bought is completely furnished which is good. It's a switch basically. A couple in Canada who works for the same company as my parents are going to live in our house for 5 years and vice versa. My parents won't tell me why but they keep saying that I don't need to know. Whatever.

I'm just excited to escape the streets of London after living here for my entire life. 14 years of life and I haven't moved out of this house. It's a good house and all but I want change and that's exactly what I'm getting.

-

Dad lets a deep breath out of his mouth, relieved that we can walk freely again without having to return to a seat for a flight. "Toronto, here we are!"

My sister and I barely seemed to care on the outside but inside, we were excited for the change. We were excited to see knew sights and try new foods. Meet new people and live in a new area. Our parents on the other hand, were showing their excitement without caring about anything.

My dad's phone buzzes with a new text from somebody. "Aunt Kat just texted me. She said it'll take her half an hour to get here. Let's say we do some exploring in the airport."

We were dropped off by somebody at London, our uncle, and we're being picked up by our aunt.

Sera put a lot of excitement into her phrase. "Let's drink at that coffee store, Tim Ho... Tim something."

I roll my eyes, obviously knowing the answer. "Tim Horton's?"

She scoffs. "I knew that. Let's go there. I heard they have good beverages. The iced cappuccino is apparently amazing."

I shrug. "I'll have that too, dad."

We walk into the little Tim Horton's in the airport and the line was huge. Luckily, we got in lime before it extended all the way outside of the store.

"Can I have 2 small coffees and 2 iced..." He looked at Sera and I. "What was it that you wanted?"

"2 small iced cappuccinos, please." Sera corrected him.

The lady at the cashier put down the order. "2 small coffees and 2 small iced capps. Anything else?"

"No, thank you." The lady nods and goes to make our order. Sera and I giggled at the word 'iced capps'. I had the picture of bottle caps being iced and somehow, found it absolutely hilarious.

ⓐⓤⓣⓗⓞⓡ'ⓢ ⓝⓞⓣⓔ

Hello, hello. It's 2:30am as I'm typing note this and I have school so oops. This just gives you a summary of Alison's background and stuff so yaaaa. How's your day? Do you even like this story? I know I love writing it. Enjoy peoplezzzz. Ah yis there also won't be a flashback chapter for a while and I'n really debating if I should keep it to 5 flashbacks or if I should add more. Let me know if you like flashbacks or not. Ok baiii. Have a nice day, night, or rest of the day, wherever your beautiful and amazing self lives.