t h i r t y - o n e

I woke up in my hotel room. I swear I thought I fell asleep at Tom's place. I guess that part was a hallucination or in my dream. I opened my eyes to look around the room to see Z in the other bed. The daylight was shining through the curtains of the huge window and the room looked brighter than ever. It was as if my world became dark in colour but today felt like it became brighter.

I sighed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand, only to see that someone changed my lock screen. It was of a piece of paper with black handwritten letters on it.

You fell asleep at mine so I had to carry you to yours. That sounds awkward but I thought you'd be confused about it.

- Tom ♡

I furrowed my brows at how awkward that sounded and looked side to side, hoping Z hadn't woken up either. She was still out like a light like usual. (I DID HALF A XAN 13 HOURS TIL I LAND, HAD ME OUT LIKE A LIGHT. I found the opportunity and I took it)

I won't wake her for now since we have lots of time before we have to be on set. I unlocked my phone to change my lock screen back to what it was before but noticed that the picture of the note was still saved in my gallery. I beamed at it and decided not to delete the picture from my gallery for now but still change my lock screen.

I put my phone back on the nightstand and had a nauseous feeling in my stomach. The nervous type of nauseous, butterflies in my stomach, but it felt like they were everywhere in my body. From my head down to my toes.

***

I broke the silence between the two of us in his trailer. "So you carried my fatass?"

He grinned. "Basically but you weren't that heavy. Regular sized."

"..." I had no idea what I could say to that. I'd usually attempt to deny every bit of that compliment but I didn't bother. It'll always end with the other person sticking to their compliment and I'd have to accept it even if I highly disagreed.

He continued anyway like he was talking to a wall. "But last night was fun. I can never get a lot of sleep anyway."

A smile tugged at my lips and I gave in to it. He smiled back. "I had fun too. I can't sleep early."

I felt weird, knowing that when my mind is wide awake at night, his mind is wide awake at the same time. Perhaps we could be thinking about the same things or maybe he thinks of other things at 1 am. I wonder what he thought about last night. Maybe better stuff and not stupid things like stress and anxiety about the future like me.

"Tonight?" He simply said, waiting to see if it was alright. He hadn't explained any of it and was expecting me to get the hint on what he was talking about.

It took me a while to piece it together but I finally got it. "Sure, I'd love to." I grinned at him and he copied me.

He stared at his Apple Watch that lit up as soon as he elevated his wrist just a little bit to check the time. "And I think it's also time to get working." He stopped talking for a bit. "Man, Prague is gorgeous." I heard him say under his breath.