t w e n t y - s e v e n

Okay, just clearing things up, this whole chapter is talking about Tom's POV but in third person.

***

Tom opened the door up to his best mate with red eyes and tears streaming down his face. He's never seen Haz like this for a long time, maybe years. Haz let himself into Tom's hotel room and sat down on the bed, burying his face into his hands. Tom's first instinct as soon as he books a room separate from Haz is giving him a key to the room and vice versa. It was just a tradition between the two and they didn't know why but they still continued it nonetheless.

"You alright mate?" Tom asked, being an idiot.

Haz wiped some tears away to talk to the man that watched him break down into pieces.. "A-alison... The date... I-it..." He didn't finish his sentence and struggled to.

"It's okay, Harrison. You don't have to talk about it." The curly haired man hugged his best friend whose head was buried into his shoulder.

The tears soaked Tom's shirt but he couldn't care less. Harrison needs his best mate or someone right now and that someone right now is Tom.

***

Harrison barely wants to talk to Tom or anyone but he told Tom the bare minimum. He locked himself in his own hotel room after practically breaking into Tom's and intoxicated himself for the rest of the night, needing to take his mind off of things.

Tom couldn't sleep at all during the majority of the night. He sent texts to Harrison who didn't reply, only leaving him on read. Tom even sent texts to the girl that had broken his best friend's heart and luckily, she replied.

He expected both Harrison and Alison to be awake but nobody would expect Tom to be awake when he was barely involved in any of this. He hadn't caused such chaos but he still felt like he had to be involved, trying his hardest to make the two feel at ease. He knew he had to play this role in both of their lives for the moment, even if Zendaya could be there for Alison. He still would've felt guilty if he hadn't made sure the both of them were okay.

The next day had arrived and his eyes had dark circles hugging them. He had sunglasses on his face in an attempt to hide his dark circles too. One night without any hint of sleep and the dark circles still showed up, easy to notice.

Tom was now on the look out for ice cream shops at Prague. If there's one thing that cheer someone who doesn't wanna interact with anyone, it's definitely ice cream. Chocolate ice cream for Harrison is what the man was on the hunt for.

He was walking down the streets of Prague until his eyes spotted a pastel pink store. It had ice cream in the name so why not? He gripped his hands onto the door and opened it, making a jingling noise from the bells dangling on top of the door.

Tom's head turned from left to right to look around the store, unsure if any fans were watching him and wanting pictures. He desperately loved his fans but right now, he wasn't in the mood to be bombarded with tons of them.

Z and Alison were sat together with empty bowls that used to contain ice cream. Alison must've seen Tom because she was trying her best to cover her face up and said something to Z to make her try and hide along with her.

"Zendaya?" He approached their table and recognized Z's curly hair.

Her shoulders dropped. "Heyyy Tom." Tom smiled back weakly.

"Hey Alison." His eyes quickly moved to the girl who had her eyes focused out the window until he successfully got her attention. She felt obligated to move her gaze away from the window and to the man she was trying to avoid. He'd ask too many questions and she wasn't ready to share just yet but she still changed her gaze onto him.