f l a s h b a c k II

Talks about mental illness and physical and verbal abuse!!

"Please don't." My heart was shattering right there as I sat on the ground, shedding one single tear.

He kicked me. Kicked me as if I was a soccer ball. Kicked me like the useless shit that I really am. It hurt though. It really hurt.

"Stop!" I cry for help but everybody gathers around, watching. It was like a stupid movie but it wasn't stupid when you're the victim.

"You guys wanna go next?!" Gordon yells at the gatherers.

They all had worried looks on their faces.

"That's what I thought! Now leave!" The crowd decreased fast.

He tilted his head down to look at me. "You hopeless girl."

My glasses were in my hands at this point as I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt.

He crouched down to my level. "You okay?" He had the worst puppy dog eyes on. "Little slut." There was the real Gordon.

He grabbed the glasses out of my hands and broke them right there. There goes my vision, visiting my social life in heaven.

He sneered as the bell rang, knowing I wouldn't be in class after this. "You got lucky, Birks."

I grabbed all my books and didn't run for class or the washroom. I ran for the doors to leave.

The moment my body entered the brisk wind, I took a deep breath and ran to the benches outside.

My face was buried in my hands and slowly glued to my hands.

I sat there, listening to the wind hurling and the leaves rubbing against the concrete, blowing away from the wind.

"Are you okay?" I didn't even look up at the person.

I felt the bench weigh down, assuming they had sat down beside me. I just sat there crying, waiting to listen to their footsteps walking away.

That person just sat there for god knows how long. I continued to cry as if they weren't there.

The occasional whimpers left my lips but that's all that happened.

I hear them sigh and the weight of the bench is gone. I hear them walk away but couldn't bare to see who was sitting there beside me.

I listened to them open the door of the school and as soon as it closed, I took my hands away from my face, slowly, as my arms were getting used to the position that my arms were once in.

I look at the time. I just missed first period, English, which Gordon was probably at.

My mom started calling me. I read 'Mom' several times before accepting the call.

"H-hello." I tried to sound as if I didn't cry an ocean of tears.

"Alison! You missed class! AGAIN. You have to stop doing this. You need to learn. Education is key, Ali."

"I-i th-think I want to transfer, mom. This school isn't where I fit in. Please, mom?"

I could hear her sigh on the other line. "Fine, but I hope you don't transfer schools after junior year, which is the most important time to stay in the same school. Your dad and I will figure something out, okay honey?"

I was relieved to hear those words come out of her mouth. "Thank you so much, mom."

"No problem. Now head to class, please."

She hung up the phone but I kept it close to my ear, listening to the call end.

ⓐⓤⓣⓗⓞⓡ'ⓢ ⓝⓞⓣⓔ

Flashback parts aren't gonna be this regular and they'll be shorter than regular parts. Unless you want me to make them like regular chapters, I'm gonna stick to that. The first flashback was almost the length of a regular chapter and this one's about 550+ words :/