e i g h t

The movie just ended. It was now 7:30 which was absolutely perfect. I had 15 minutes to fix myself up and his place is only about a 15 minute drive away. It doesn't even matter if I'm a few minutes late though. This isn't work after all.

I turned the T.V. off, which was showing some ad about Febreze. I headed upstairs and stood in front of my full sized mirror which was leaning against the wall.

I stared at my outfit, deciding if I should change into something even more casual until I finally came to a decision.

I opened my drawer and pulled out my black Adidas shirt and some black leggings.

I placed both of those on my bed and opened my closet and looked for my red bomber jacket until I found it. What? It's cold outside and it might get chillier when it gets darker.

I put my bomber jacket on my bed, beside the other pieces of clothes.

I started to change out of my 'Sunday' jumper and my black and white striped trousers. It's time for something even more cozier.

There we go

There we go. Much better and 100 times more casual. Now this is what I call Alison Birks. That was makeup artist Alison Birks. I still like that outfit but this is just so much better.

To complete the outfit, I slipped on my bomber jacket. That tied the outfit together perfectly.

Next was a little fix up for my makeup. Some of it probably rubbed off so I just put on more concealer, powder, mascara and a nude matte lipstick. My brows were still filled in which I was really happy with.

I applied the concealer and powder per usual with the same brush since I was just not bothered right now.

I unscrew the wand out of the mauve mascara and brought it near my eyes. I blinked for a few times to apply some mascara, then gradually moved to just applying it without blinking. I copied those same motions but on the other eye and finally put away the mascara.

Now, I glide the wand against my lips, filling it in with a nude colour. I smack my lips together while closing the little tube. The liquid instantly dried onto my lips, turning matte like it's supposed to.

I picked up all the products including the brush and some face wipes and put it all into a tiny makeup bag to have them all together in one place.

I headed downstairs and towards the front door, quickly unzipped my backpack that was still resting near the door, and put the small makeup bag in there.

I checked the time on my phone and it read 7:49. I may have just broke my plan of 15 minutes of getting ready and 15 minutes of going there by just 4 minutes, but I'm not going to think much of it.

I bet nobody's going to even arrive at exactly 8. That's insane. I can't imagine myself being that punctual for little things such as going to someone's house unless it's for work.