Pride of a Phoenix

Beam laughed at himself as Wayo's words rang in his head.

"You will never be loved"

Beam sighed with a peaceful smile on his face.

I'm used to not being loved. I never hoped that people in Zebalgar would love me. I never expected that Emperor would love me.

Beam closed his eyes and leaned back on the divan of their royalt chamber. He asked Lizza for some alone time. And Lizza respected his decision by remaining outside the room with fellow maids.

Beam really wanted to be loved by someone. He wanted someone to truly love him. Not because of his beauty. Not because he is the Phoenix heir. And not because of some...... Bond.

He felt like Forth was forced to attracted to him. And he was disgusted.

Suddenly the door blasted open, making Beam open his eyes. A furious Emperor stormed in.

*****************************

(Forth)

Furious....is an understatement for what I'm feeling right now. I stormed off to the North Wing as soon as I heard about the commotion in Wayo's room.

When I opened the door (almost breaking it because of my rage) I expected to see, a hysterical Beam or a frightened Beam or.... a crying Beam.

Never expected to see him lifelessly sitting on the divan, leaning back, staring at nowhere with cold, dry eyes.

My rage disappeared. I became loss of words. I felt the exact same feeling I got when I saw him curled up inside the carriage, in a cold winter night; the day he arrived Zebalga.

Beam looked at me and smiled.  Emptiness in his eyes didn't fade away.

"Welcome my lord"

Even though I calmed down, my anger was still there.

"Why did you do that?"

Beam closed his eyes . "He humiliated me"

I frowned. "So you decided do a death threat? Are you out of your mind!?"

Beam chuckled. "You married a Phoenix. What did you expect?"

"What you did was wrong. What would people think if they find out their Queen is going around threatening to kill people. Are you a lunatic? "

Beam stood up, his eyes burning in fury. "Take that back"

"Beam!"

"TAKE THAT BACK!!!!" Beam took the glass vase on the table and smashed it on the floor in rage. His voice thundered in the room. "WHAT WOULD PEOPLE THINK IF THEIR QUEEN IS HUMILIATED BY A CONSORT IN FRONT OF GUARDS AND MAIDS!!!????"

"BEAM!!!!"

Beam dropped down on the floor. He smiled sadly. "So you think I'm a lunatic huh?  Just because I tried to protect my pride"

I sighed. I really wanted to be in the front line of war instead of dealing with him right now.

Nevertheless I crouched beside him. 
"I apologize. I didn't mean that. There are less violent ways to protect your pride"

I started stroking his soft hair, to calm him. But of course he swatted it away.

"To a Phoenix like me, pride is the most valuable thing"
he spoke in a broken voice. "And... Even before I came to Zebalga I braced myself to the hatred of you and your people. He doesn't need to remind me of that! He doesn't have to remind me how unfortunate I am to marry a person who is Forced to like me!!"

What?!

I frowned. What is he talking about! I haven't heard about such thing. Did Wayo say that?!

Beam looked away. "He hurt my pride. He hurt my....feelings"

Beam is.......

So cute!

Getting so worked up at false fact.

I chuckled softly sitting beside him on the carpet floor.

I held his chin and turned his face to me and looked into those beautiful eyes.

"You spent more than a month with me. Did you ever felt that my attraction towards you is forced?"

Beam avoided my gaze mumbling. "That is because of the bond right? "

I laughed lightly removing my fingers from his face. "You should see the Old Physician and ask him about the nature of bonds"

I stood up. And looked at him who is still refusing to look at me. "I don't love Wayo. He is like a brother to me. Brother love is the only feeling I have to towards him" I said. "But I swear in the name of Goddess Luna, I love my mate with all my heart"

With that I  left the room,  leaving my utterly surprised wife in the chamber.

************************

Meanwhile outside the chamber.

"I heard a glass crashing . I hope Queen is alright" Ming whispered.

Lizza scoffed. "You should worry about Lord Forth, trust me"

******************************

A/N

As always waiting for your comments

An early update than I expected.
Ur comments about last chapter encourage me more. That's why.

Sooo
Please comment
Please vote

Stay sweet. Stay awesome

Love you all Sooooooo much 😍😘😘😘