A silence before storm

Forth was concentrating on the map table in front of him. The map of the continent was with figurines of each house's logos and banners on it. He was frowning, leaning down, clutching the edge of the table.
"Something is odd..." he mumbled, directing his attention to South part if the map.

Singto rubbed his forehead. "I still don't know why your grace is too much concerned with Dragon realm. It was perfectly fine when I visited last time"

Forth removed some dragon banners. "That is the matter Singto. Dragnalia is never perfectly fine. They are almost always rebelling" he placed the removed banners near Phixera.

"How many men does their army has?"

Singto frowned. "20000?"

Forth looked at Krist. "Phixera?"

Krist pondered force moment.
"30000"

Forth removed some of his banners.
"Without dragon soldiers, we have an army of 80000"

Park shook his head.
"I don't know why your grace is so keen about numbers. You know that our own men can defeat an army four times bigger than ours"

"Armies don't always give you power. If armies make a man powerful, my father would be the conquerer. Not me"

**************************
Forth payed a visit to North wing in the afternoon, just to check up on Beam.
Well it turn out to be that Beam was perfectly fine; eating lemon cakes while resting his hand on his seven months pregnant belly, which could be clearly seen through the light, silk hanfu he was wearing.

Actually after 6th month in pregnancy, he completely stopped wearing undergarments.

Only a short underpant and a see through robe which Forth found strangely seductive.

Forth was afraid that Beam would feel insecure with all that additional weight(even though he still found him sexy). But Beam was rather confident and turned his pregnancy into his advantage when he realized that his husband was a sucker for his pregnancy glow and smooth skin.

Forth walked towards his wife and stood in front of the divan Beam was sitting. He glared at Gerran who was laying comfortably on the divan beside Beam, with his head resting on his lap.

Forth patted his back. "Move"

Gerran let out a displeased growl and went back to sleeping, not moving an inch.

"what's up with him?" Forth asked, pointing at the wolf.

Beam shrugged.
"He is obsessed with me" he said eating the last piece of lemon cake. "I think he can sense the baby. He has grown overprotective. One day he even tried enter the bathing house"

Beam patted wolf's head. "Gerran. Go"

The wolf reluctantly got down and walk out of the room, so that Forth could sit on his place. Beam quickly snuggled to his husband, leaning his back against his chest and positioning himself between Forth's thighs.

Forth wrapped his arms around Bean's now not so slim waist. He enthusiastically rubbed his belly and felt the baby move under his touch. The baby started kicking few weeks ago and his first kick was one of his most Beau moments in his life.

"He likes you" said Beam, staring at Sabrina, who is preparing some kind of a drink, putting herbs and spices into a goblet.

Forth scoffed. "Of Course he likes me. I'm his father after all"

"No I mean, these days he is being a fussy baby. Always moving around and continuously kicking hard on my gut" replied Beam.
"He only calms down when You or Gerran is around. I think he likes the presence of a wolf"

Forth chuckled. "He is being  a troublemaker since the beginning"

Beam pouted. "I think he hates me. He almost killed me..."

Forth lovingly snuggled his nose on Beam's neck, inhaling his scent which was more sweetened with the pregnancy.

"We both know that is not true sweetheart"

While they were cuddling on the couch, Sabrina handed him a goblet filled with a dark red liquid.

"What is that?" Forth asked, suspiciously.

"Deer blood" Beam replied nonchalantly. "With herbs and stuff of course"

He laughed at the look of horror on Forth's face. "Why? There is a wolf inside me! Do you think he would be satisfied with lemon cakes?"

*************************
(Meanwhile in Forth's study room)

Generals were hovering over the mess their lord made on the map.

"Why did that dragon lord visited Zebalgar?" Krist asked.

"He said that Phoenix queen Raselane is threatening their kingdom. He asked for his men in our army" Singto replied.

"All 20000?"

"Apparently so..."

"What did lord Forth say?"- Park

"He denied" Singto replied. "That attack was a big fat lie"

"We have to be cautious around dragon soldiers. Something is wrong here. I think that the King also felt that..."

All generals agreed with him.

"By the way... What happened to Ming?" Lam asked. "He hasn't attended most of the meetings"

Park chuckled. "He has to attend occasional stable duty"

"What!?" - Lam

"As a punishment"

"What did he do!?"

"He has been accused for trying to steel Queen's pie"

"Is he insane...?" - Singto

"Hope that Machorka is not giving him a hard time"

**************************

Please vote and comment

Specially comment

Love u all so much