Save the day

"He is generally bitchy. What did you expect?" Ming poured generous amount of wine to Forth's goblet.

Forth, being kicked out from his own room, ended up in his most trusted General and best friend aka Mingkwan's chamber.

Forth sighed taking a big sip from his wine. "Shut up Mingkwan. You are the bitchiest person in this whole continent"

Ming faked an offended gesture.
"Excuse me? Your wife is short tempered, repulsive, rude and arrogant! and he has mood swings even without being pregnant. Yet you call me a bitch"

Forth leaned back on the chair, closing his tired eyes. "Do have any idea that the person you are talking about is the Empress?"

Ming shrugged sitting on a stool front of Forth and pouring some more wine for himself.
"Naaah. I'm talking about your wife here; who is teaching a blood thirsty kaldr wolf to rip me into pieces"

Forth let out a small laugh.
"Be a man Ming. Why are you scared of a little pup?"

"Little? That beast is as big as a normal gray wolf now!"

Forth scoffed. "look, I'm here to find a way to go back to my room and have a decent sleep with my beautiful wife in my arms, not to hear about your failures as a man"

"Just give up. Everyone in Phixera has a considerable amount of bitchiness in their blood. I always told you that there is something wrong with those people"

Forth raised his eyebrows. "Everyone?"

"Now take Beam's doctor as an example. What is his name... Yeah... Kit!" Ming said. "Today I asked him a piece of pie he made for Beam. He glared at me like I asked for his head"

"Why are you asking for my wife's food?"

"Technically it was not Beam's food. Kit was still making it" Ming reasoned. "But that glare though... If looks could burn, it's my ashes your talking to right now"

"I'm not very interested in talking to your ashes. It's a good thing that his looks couldn't burn you" Forth scoffed.

"Just give up and stay here. I'll lend you my couch"

"Are you really letting your king sleep on couch while you are taking the bed?"

"You don't deserve a comfortable bed anyway, after all you had done to your pregnant wife"

"I didn't_"

"Yeah... Yeah... Save your explanation"

"Ming.... I'm really kicking you out from army and putting you in stable to take care of horse shit"

"No.Thanks. I'm not going anywhere near your demonic horse"

"Machorka(his horse) is perfectly  fine and non demonic"

Forth stood giving the goblet of  wine to Ming.

"What are you doing?"

Forth shrugged. "Going back to North wing. Trying to check out is there any chance"

Ming nodded. "I promise you that I will organize your funeral well and give you a proper burial"

"I'll let the stable boy know that he can take few months off" Forth said as he left Ming's chamber.

**************************

When Forth return to North wing, Lizza was leaving after finishing her shift. Another maid was there to replace her.

Forth wanted to ask Lizza about Beam. But she closed his mouth with both hands and ran away.

After realizing that Beam's assistant is a lost cause, he made his way to the door.

He took a deep breath and slightly opened the door, to be greeted with the sight of his Queen pacing around the room in his night robe.

As soon as he became an object of Beam's vision, Beam ran to him and hugged him.

Beam looked at him with worried eyes. "Where were you!?  I was so worried!"

Forth looked at him with disbelief. "But you_"

"Why are you always leaving me Forth..." Beam whined snuggling on his chest.

Forth gently led his sulking wife to bed. "Look angel... I only left to bring you this apple pie!" he showed Beam the wooden container he was carrying.

Forth has never seen such a drastic change of a person's expression. Beam's pouty lips turned into a beautiful, dazzling smile and his face became as bright as sun.

"Really!? for me!?" Beam hugged him again, excitedly. "You are the best husband in the whole world!!"

Forth let out the breath that he was holding in for a while.

*****************************

Meanwhile in Kit's chamber....

Kit was trudging towards his bed in sleepy eyes, talking to himself.

"What is wrong with emperor, asking me to make apple pies in the middle of the night!?"

***************************

A/N

I might change the cover page of this story so BEWARE.👍👍👍

So as I promised u updated.
(sorry for some readers for late update. But this is still night in my country 😉😉)

So please vote and comment

Specially comment. I love reading them.

Love u all Sooooooo much. 😘 😘