The Protector

Spring festival was held; decently  but not lavishly. Beam, who was in charge of the festival, refused to spend money unnecessarily. He only used less than a half of  budget that was saved for the festival. Winners of the fighting tournament were rewarded with well made weapons, fine daggers and swords. Women and men who danced in the festival were rewarded accordingly, after hearing each of their wishes.

From what he heard from councilors, military officers servants, and commoners who visit the castle, Beam understood that North do not need money. They needed proper shelters and enough food to survive in the upcoming winter. Not everyone lives in a castle.

So Beam spent more money on that issues and sent a word to Phixera asking for strengthen their food supply to Zebalga. And also invested on cultivation in Zebalgar. Because nothing sounded stupid than expecting Phixera to feed wolves forever. It's good that now Emperor owns most of their land. But Phoenixes will take it back. It's just a matter of time.

*****************************

Beam was sitting alone in the meeting room of the  North wing. He was getting really tired lately. And Lizza said that he was loosing weight. Beam shrugged it off thinking that it was from the stress of holding spring festival. Yet he was immensely happy because Spring Festival ended up in the best way. 

Beam was so sunk in the book he was reading, "The History of Four Kingdoms", when Lizza entered the room.

"Emperor is here to see you, your grace" she said with a glint in her eyes.

Beam raised his eyebrows at her, walking towards the door.  He knows those eyes.

Lizza couldn't hold back her grin.
"He said he has a gift for you"

What does he has left to give me...? He has already given me everything...

Shaking his head in embarrassment, Beam open the door.

Beam smiled sweetly at his husband who had such an excited look in his eyes, and then eyes widened in shock when he saw that Forth has a lively bundle of clothes on his arms.

*************************

Forth chuckled at Beam who is sitting on the divan, starting speechlessly at the creature in his arms.

"It's a direwolf" said Forth, stroking the belly of the wolf cub in Beam's arms.

Beam was speechless. He couldn't take his eyes off from the wolf cub.

"He can't see or hear yet. He is less than 2 weeks old.  He will start to hear and see in few days" Forth explained. "Do You See this thick line of fur on his spine? It means that he is a rare type of direwolves"

Beam raised his head, looking at Forth.
"A rare type?"

Forth nodded. "Yeah. He is a Kaldr wolf. They are white in color, with gray eyes. Not as big as a normal direwolf, but they are very agile, and extremely fierce"

Ming who was silent until now, chose this moment to interrupt.
He leaned down. "Do you think Queen can handle him my lord?"

"Beam can handle me so... Of course he can handle a kaldr" Forth replied making Beam blush in embarrassment.

Nevertheless, Ming didn't seem to be convinced.
"He is not a normal direwolf my lord. He is a 'kaldr'. They are extremely fierce" he said. "Beam wouldn't be able to control him when he grows up"

Beam hugged the bundle closer and glared at Ming, his eyes shooting daggers. "You will not take him away. Don't even try!"

Ming took a step back at Beam's cold attitude. He looked at Forth who was grinning at him.

Beam looked at the sleeping cub lovingly. "Where did you even find him?"

"I found him in a den while we were patrolling. His mother was dead" Forth explained. "For some strange reason he was the only pup. Usually wolves give birth to more than 3 pups at once"

"Kaldr must have eaten other pups in his mother's womb" Ming muttered under his breath, earning another deadly glance from Beam.

Forth grinned at Ming again."This Ming here wanted to behead the pup on the spot. But I stopped him because I thought 'Who is a better guard to my Queen than a kaldr wolf?'. So here he is. Do you like him? "

"I love him!"

"Good then. And make sure he doesn't attack anyone in the castle or city. Try not to let him leave the castle ground. The woods in the castle boundary is big enough for him to roam around and hunt"

Beam nodded happily. "I will my lord. Thank you so much"

He softly kissed the fur ball in his arms. "I'm going to name him, 'Gerran'."

"It's a good name. What does it mean?" Forth asked curiously.

"The Protector"

Beam glared at Ming. "And if you ever touched him, I will behead you on the spot by myself "

(Full grown Kaldr wolf)

A/N

I hope u like it.

Waiting for your comments as always.

Please comment and vote

Stay sweet and awesome.

Love you all Sooooooo much!! 😘😘