The Emerald Witch

The days passed, weeks passed and Beam's situation got worse everyday.

Forth's too. He ordered General Lam to continue Emperor's duty and stayed beside Beam. Even though Generals and Councilors could maintain governing well, Forth's absence affected them.

Forth never left his queen's side. He just sat there, watching Physicians come and go, watching maids give his wife his latest medication. But he fed him by himself. Beam hadn't spoken a word. Or still hadn't opened his eyes. Doctors said that he was in the line between consciousness and unconsciousness.

Beam didn't stop throwing up blood. And it got worse. Red spots started to show up on skin.
His whole body was covered in red blotches.

Forth refused to eat or sleep. He just stared at his wife dying day by day. Due to Ming's persuading, Forth eat a piece of bread for whole day.

Ming was getting worried. "Your presences or your hunger won't cure him my lord. Eat something. And visit the council at least once a day for few minutes"

Forth did not tried to respond to that. He just stared at Beam. Tears were falling down on his cheeks.
"My mate is suffering. He is dying day by day. And there is nothing I can do for him even if I'm the Emperor of four kingdoms"

Ming froze at the sight. He was with Forth as his right hand for decades and he has never seen his lord so broken like that.

Forth spoke up, keeping his head low. "Send ravens again. Say that I will give anything to the person who cure my mate. Say that I would give titles, lands,  kingdoms. I will even give up my throne to the person who cure him"

***************************

Three days passed and Beam was not getting better at all. He got skinnier and skinnier. His lips became dry.  His hair lost it's color.

And one stormy night a hooded figure arrived the palace. The said person was directed to the North wing.

****************************
The hooded figure stood in front of Forth. The figure bowed him and took off his/her dark green hooded cloak, revealing an old woman with a pleasant look on his face.

She smiled at him. "I'm the Emerald witch, Sabrina. I'm from the Elfin Forest"

"A witch?"

The old woman nodded. "I heard that the late king Baramee's son is at the verge of death and traveled here to help him"

Forth hesitated. He thought it was not a good idea put his wife's life on hands of a witch. But he was desperately trying to save his Queen's life. So he moved aside and let the old woman to check on him.

He looked at witch who is removing Beam's clothes. His bite mark was blackened. Witch checked his pulse from both his neck and wrist. And then she started gently pressing her palm on his chest, shoulder,  stomach and thighs.

Forth's eyes widened at the sight of the pool of blood between Beam's thighs. It's the first time he is seeing that and that sight hit him thunder in his mind.

He spoke up in a cracking voice.
"Please tell me he is not dying..."

"He could die" witch spoke up in a calm voice. "Actually there is a high chance for him to die"

She continued checking on him.
"But rather than dying. I would say he is being eaten alive"

****************************

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love u all Sooooooo much 😘😘😘