Chapter 3

"Katie? Hey Katie, wake up. We are here."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that my brother had the car door open and I was leaning against the boxes that we next to me. My legs felt numb as I moved them and I had to stretch the, when I got out of the car.

"So, how do you like the house? I know it's not as big as mom and dad's house, but I'm pretty sure this should be big enough for the two of us," my brother said as he started to roll the suitcases up the driveway.

The house was really beautiful. Although it was small, it had a welcoming feeling to it with two stories and a carefully groomed front yard. The house was painted a brown color and there were different flowers in the front.

The inside was really pretty too. There was a living room with a TV and Xbox, a decent sized kitchen, a small dining room, an office, three bathrooms, and two bedrooms.

After Shiro, Matt, and I got all of my stuff inside the room, we all went upstairs to decide what room would be mine.

The two rooms both were nice and cozy, but in the end, I chose the one that has a bathroom connected to it and a small balcony.

"I would like to have this room," I said shyly to Matt when he asked what room I wanted to have ad my bedroom.

"Sure, let me call Shiro and we both will bring all of your things upstairs. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and look around the room if you want to," Matt said, making his way down the stairs.

I looked around the room and came a sudden realization that there was nothing in the room. It almost seemed like no one had ever used it. Well, that makes sense, I think. Matt is the only one who lives here.

Wanting the see the balcony, I opened the door that led to me the balcony. It wasn't that big, probably only able to fit two people. However, it was nice to have a source of fresh air from my bedroom. I could work on my homework while sitting outside.

As I was caught up in my thoughts, I didn't see a shadow pass by the window of the neighboring house. When I looked up, I couldn't see anything. Thinking it was my imagination, I slowly turned to go back inside when I saw the shadow again.  Okay, I definitely wasn't imagining that.

I was a little creeped out, not because there was a person inside the other house, but because it seemed like they were watching me.

Oh, don't be silly Katie. Who would want to look at you? A small voice said inside me.

Trying not to be put down by my inner thought, I went inside and closed the balcony door. I saw that all of my boxes were stacked nicely in one corner of the room.

Well, I guess I could start unpacking some things right now, I thought. This was going to take a long time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I opened up the boxes that had my clothes, my women products, and some of my favorite books to put on the shelf. A bed was already in the room, so I decided to just take a small nap on it after all of the hard work I just did. As I sat down to put my glasses to the side, I hear a voice call my name from down below.

Realizing the familiar voice was Matt, I straightened out my clothes and fixed my hair so it didn't look like I just came back from running 5 miles without a break.

I walked downstairs and saw that Matt and Shiro were sitting at the counter table, talking about something that was
going on in their college. When they saw that I arrived, the stopped their conversation.

"Hi Katie," Shiro said.

"H-hi." Even though I knew he wasn't a bad person, I wasn't used to talking to the opposite gender without stuttering a little.

Come to think of it, I couldn't talk to anyone who wasn't my dad or mom without stuttering.

"So, I was just wondering if you wanted to-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the front door of the house opened. Immediately, I ran behind Matt, afraid that something bad might be coming towards us.

However, it was something bad that walked through the front door; it was a someone.

When I looked away from Matt back and to the person who came in, I saw the most gorgeous guy I had ever seen.

Which is probably why I fainted and fell to the ground before anybody even noticed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello. Katie, can you hear me? Blink twice if you can."

"Dude, how is your sister supposed to blink her eyes if she can't even open them right now?"

"Idiots."

"Hey, respect your elders!"

The two voices that shouted the last comment were loud enough to make me open my eyes and wonder where I was.

The first thing I saw was Matt's worried expression and then Shiro came into my line of view, wearing the same concerned look like Matt.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked softly.

I just nodded, not trusting myself to speak.

Then he turned around and started to talk.

"See what you did Keith?! If you hadn't just barged in, little Katie over here wouldn't have fainted and risked splitting open her head."

At first, I was going to question why he was talking to the air when a new voice interrupted me.

"Hey, it's not my fault she saw my good looks and thought it was too much to handle." Whoever said this had a deep voice, but it wasn't like those disgustingly baritone voice men seemed to have. Instead, it was a beautiful voice that made me want to listen to it forever and ever. However, when I saw the guy, my mind went blank.

The human in front of me had black hair that looked like a mullet and the most interesting eye color ever; purple. He was tall, not as tall as Shiro, but obviously had muscles.

While I was busy ogling at the male specimen, I didn't notice that my brother was trying to catch my attention.

"Katie, hey are you okay?"

Realizing that I was being obvious about what I was doing, I ducked my head and whether it was about embarrassment or the fact that I was Katie, the shy girl, I wasn't surprised that I fainted for the second time in 10 minutes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, this is chapter 3!

I don't have much to say except for I appreciate that you guys are willing to read my book!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!