Keith's POV(Chapter 23)

Waking up to the blinding sunlight, I turn around and see that I am holding Pidge, while she is snuggling against my chest.

Her hair is a wild mess and her mouth is slightly parted.

That same mouth you were so close to kissing before two stupid idiots ruined your moment.

As I much as I wanted to stay with Pidge forever, I decided that now would be the best time to leave before anybody knows what I did. Gently untangling myself from her limbs, I quietly get off the bed. 

Before leaving, I grab an index card off Pidge's desk and fold it, making it into a small card. Then, I write 

Hope you had a good dream about me. I'll be at your house for breakfast.

Keith

Yup, that's good enough. 

Putting it on the spot where I slept, I sneak out of the balcony, looking at Pidge one last time before going back to my room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I got downstairs after getting dressed, I looked at a text from Shiro that said he and Matt would be gone earlier than Pidge and I. I could go to her house and eat breakfast there, and they would be back home at around 2 p.m.

I grabbed my bag and walked over to the Holt house. The door was open, which really isn't safe, especially since Pidge is inside by herself, and walked to the kitchen, making myself some cereal. 

A few minutes later, Pidge came down, looking beautiful as always in her leggings, shirt, and flannel. 

"Hi," she said, getting some food. 

"Hey," I said back. "Shiro and Matt had early classes today, and they'll be here before we come back from school."

"Okay."

Deciding not to mention anything about last night, as that would probably make her uncomfortable, we eat food in silence. 

Once we both finished eating, we quickly got onto my bike. Pidge was clearly embarrassed when I had to help her get on the bike but I didn't mind. It gave me a sense of satisfaction that she needed my help for something. 

We saw Lance and Hunk as we entered the parking lot and went inside the school, going to our classes.

After Chemistry, which was so boring I almost slept through it, I went to Pre-Calc. Honestly, I felt so stupid that Pidge, a girl a year younger than me, was two Math classes above me.

Unfortunately, I had Math with Lance, who was annoying the sh*t out of me.

"So, Mullet, how's it going with Pidge?" Lance asked.

"Don't call her Pidge, Lance," I scowled at him, and he just laughed.

"Okay, Mullet, don't need to be so jealous. Anyway, what are your intentions with my friend?"

"W-well," I stammered, not knowing myself. 

"Come on, it's obvious you are in love with this girl. She isn't that one that you just hump and dump, like you did to a dozen other girls before," Lance smirked.

"Hey! It was only 3 girls. And I don't love Pidge. I-I just feel overprotective of her. And have the urge to make her laugh all the time. And like to tease her because she just looks so cute when she is flustered or angry... Okay, I might have a small crush on her," I said, blushing a bit as Lance let out a small shriek.