Chapter 5

Riiiiinnnnnggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sound rang through the room, waking me up. I moved my arm around, too lazy to actually get up, and silenced my alarm. I was just about to go back to my peaceful sleep when-

"KATIE! YOU BETTER BE AWAKE BEFORE I COME UPSTAIRS WITH A BUCKET OF COLD WATER!"

I thought it was my brother who said that but then recognized the voice to be Shiro's. Realizing that my first day at Voltron High was today, I slowly got up and got ready.

For my outfit, I decided to wear what I usually wear: a huge hoodie and a pair of leggings. I didn't like wearing skirts or dresses and I rarely wore jeans, unlike most girls in my school. Once I put my hair in a ponytail and got my old pair of green converse out, I deemed myself ready. I picked up my bag and left my room.

Once I got downstairs, I saw that Shiro was cooking while my brother was nowhere to be seen. Shiro must've heard me because as soon as I stepped into the kitchen, he looked up.

"Oh, hey Katie. Matt just went to my house to wake up Keith. I don't know how he can wake up that lazy dumb head, but I'm just glad he can. Oh, and I made pancakes. Want some?" Shiro said, putting another batch of pancakes onto the kitchen counter.

"Y-yeah sure. Thanks, Shiro," I replied, sitting down at the counter and helping myself to a pancake.

I may be small, but I eat a lot for my size. It's not like I don't care about being fat, but I'm not going to check the number of calories in something and have a strict greens-only diet.

While I was enjoying a second serving of breakfast, I heard the front door open and the sound of footsteps reached my ears. When I turned around, I saw my brother and Keith.

Why was Keith here?

"Because, Pidge, I need to take you to school today," Keith said, a smirk on his face.

Whoops. I said that out loud," I thought with a blush evident on my face.

Wait........

Pidge?

"M-my n-name is K-Katie," I whispered.

Keith just smirked even more-was that even possible?-and walked to get get some pancakes. My brother just looked between Keith and I and then turned to Shiro, who gave him a look that I couldn't decipher.

All four of us sat down to eat breakfast, with mostly Matt and Shiro talking. Keith just kept quiet and sometimes, if I turned to him, he would be looking at me with a weird face. It always made me self-conscious, so I would just turn back to my food and try to pay attention to the conversation.

Once we all finished our food and put away the dishes, Keith and I got ready to leave, since Matt and Shiro had afternoon classes today.

"Bye Katie, have fun on your first day of school," Shiro told me while giving me a brief hug, which surprised me since I never really hugged anybody outside of my family. Still, I hugged him back slightly, not wanting to seem rude.

After he let go of me, Matt pulled me to his chest and squeezed the living daylights out of me.

"Have a great day, Pidgeon. If anybody gives you trouble, they'll have a meeting with Matt the Fist, OK?"

I just laughed and nodded to him.

Keith stood off to the side and once I got my bag, we left to go to school.