Chapter 20

"What should we do?" I asked Keith for the 10th time since I found out that I had no way of going inside my house. Keith suggested that I call Matt, but Matt was a deep sleeper and was most likely not going to wake up from his phone. The thought of me climbing up the balcony lasted for about 2 seconds before Keith stated that I was going to get hurt from that.

Suddenly Keith stopped walking and faced me, his cheeks tinted with a hint of pink. 

"I have an idea that is really weird but is probably our only option," Keith started.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked, eager to know what his idea was. I was really tired and I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep.

"Um, well, you could stay over at my house until the morning," Keith rushed out. I didn't understand what he said until the words registered in my brain.

"O-Okay," I responded, a blush on my cheeks. Why was I blushing? We were really good friends and this is what really good friends do for each other.

Keith gestured for me to follow him to his house. Once he opened the door, he put his finger over his mouth.

"We have to be quiet. Shiro is probably sleeping," Keith whispered, and I nodded.

Quietly, we tiptoed upstairs and into Keith's room. He looked through his closet and picked up a large red shirt and a pair of shorts.

"These are the smallest shorts I could find. You can change in the bathroom," Keith said, pointing to the door next to his closet.

I went inside and put on the change of clothes. The shorts were a bit loose so I tied them as much as I could. Luckily, the shirt was big: it went down mid-thigh, so I was good. 

Tying my hair in a loose bun, I opened the door to see Keith putting a sleeping bag on the floor. He looked at me and gave me a bag to put my clothes in. Once he went into the bathroom, I put my glasses next to the sleeping bag and slid into it.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, Keith walked out of the bathroom and said, "Pidge, why are you sleeping in the sleeping bag? I put that out for me."

"B-but..."

"No, you are sleeping on the bed and I will be on the floor."

"Of course not!" I said back, careful to make sure my voice wasn't too loud, "You should sleep on your bed."

"Okay, how about this: we both sleep on the bed but on opposite sides," Keith suggested, and my cheeks heated up at the thought of sharing my bed with someone who I wasn't related to by blood.

"F-Fine, but you better stay on your side," I warned him as I got onto the bed and scooted myself to the edge as far as I could without falling over. Keith did the same thing and pulled the blanket over both of us.

"Goodnight Pidge," Keith whispered.

"Goodnight Keith."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, I saw that sunlight was blinding my eyes. Quickly closing them again, I snuggled closer to the enormous pillow next to me. 

Wait what? Last time I checked, I was on the edge of Keith's bed, not next to a body-sized pillow.

I slowly opened my eyes to meet Keith's closed ones. I was next to him, one arm around his waist. He had an arm beneath my head and was resting his chin in my hair. I tried to move, but he just held me closer to him.

"K-Keith?" I asked, a blush forming on my face.

He must've heard me because slowly, his eyes started to open up. When he saw me, he blushed and pushed me to the other side of the bed, almost making me fall.

"S-sorry about that. I didn't mean to do that on purpose, I swear! It must have happened when we were sleeping..." Keith said, obviously embarrassed and ashamed of himself.

"It's okay," I said softly, giving him a smile that showed that I was fine. Honestly, that was really comfortable. I wish he would just hold me again and...

No Katie! No! You are to stay friends, nothing else!

"Great. So, um, do you want some breakfast? I can try to make some," Keith asked me as he walked to the door.

I nodded and followed him out of the door. We were just about to enter his kitchen when a voice stopped us.

"Katie? Why are you here?" A tired Shiro said as he came out of his room, yawning.

Keith and I looked at each other before quickly looking away and blushing. Shiro took this the wrong way as his eyes widened.

"Did you guys- Already- Why- You barely know each other-"

"What are you talking about Shiro?" Keith asked, frustrated at his brother's short questions.

"Did you guys...do the deed?" 

"What the h*ll!"

"No!"

Keith and I shrieked the same time. How could Shiro think that? We didn't do anything!

"The door was locked to Pidge's house, so she came over here. I let her sleep on my bed- we both slept on opposite sides- and I was just about to make her breakfast. That's it," Keith explained to a sheepish looking Shiro.

"Oh, sorry guys. It's just that Katie was wearing your clothes and I thought- never mind. Keith, don't worry about making breakfast. We both know you can't cook to save your life," Shiro laughed as Keith muttered something about his brother. I laughed a little bit before following the brothers into the kitchen.

Breakfast was normal: Shiro made pancakes, which were delicious, and conversation was about random things, like the weather or how school was going.

"Hey Katie," Shiro asked me, and I turned to him, "Does Matt know you stayed here?"

Oh, shoot. I totally forgot to tell Matt where I would be for the night. "Uh, no he doesn't," I said.

"Okay, well, I just told him and he said he would be here in five," Shiro said.

I nodded, but Keith looked freaked out. Why was he so scared? It's not like we did anything that would make Matt kill him.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. We went to the front door and saw Matt standing there, slightly worried.

Once he saw me, he gave me a big hug. "Oh my god, I am so sorry Pigeon. I was up working on a project and didn't realize I was asleep."

"It's okay Matt. Keith let me sleep here," I said, and Matt pulled away, looking at me in shock as he took in the state I was in.

"Wait, you guys slept together? Is that why you are wearing his clothes?" 

"No, we didn't do anything like that! He just let me sleep in this because I couldn't wear jeans to sleep," I said, and Matt relaxed a little. 

"Great, because if you did, I would kill Keith and ground you for the rest of your life," Matt said, and the three of us groaned in protest.

"Fine, I won't...maybe," he whispered under his breath, but I heard him and hit him lightly on his shoulder.

Can you take me home now?" I asked Matt, and he nodded. We said bye to the brothers before going back to our house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Chapter 20 is up!

I feel like this ending sucked, but I didn't know how to end it. Oh well.

What do you think about Kidge's relationship? Too fast? Slow? Just right?

And another thing... Kidge High School Fan Fiction is #1 in goodgirl! Yay!!!! 

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!