Chapter 14

Katie couldn't have felt more embarrassed. She literally just told Keith's cousin that she could have a go at Keith and that she wouldn't interfere in it.

Way to go Katie.

"O-Oh, sorry, I-I just thought..." she trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

Axca gave a short laugh before assuring Katie, "Don't worry about it. We don't even look alike, so I wasn't surprised when you thought we were dating. I won't steal him from you, you have my promise. And plus, me and him...that's just wrong on soooo many levels."

I nodded, grossed out by her last sentence.

"Anyway, why don't you go to my poor cousin over there? He looks really lonely and I'm pretty sure that if you don't go, one of those waitresses over there is going to start flirting with him," Axca said, pointing to a group of young female waitresses who were giggling and pointing in the direction of Keith.

"O-Ok," I said as I started walking toward Keith. He was looking at his phone, bored, and when he saw me, he looked up and gave a slight smile.

"Hey. What did Axca want?"

"N-nothing, she just wanted to get to know me, that's all," I made up, not wanting to tell him that I told her that she could get together with him.

"Hmm," Keith responded, not buying my lie. He looked at Axca, and the expression on his face said you better tell me what you were talking about.

"So, I was wondering-"

"Hi, guys!" A chirpy voice came out of nowhere, startling both of us. I turned around and saw a pretty blonde who was part of that small group of waitresses who were looking at Keith. She had a determined look on her face, and looked at Keith, twirling her hair flirtatiously.

I wish I had that much confidence.

"So, what would you like?" She purred out to Keith, reminding me of a cat. I don't think boys were into cats these days... I also didn't miss the fact that she was completely ignoring me.

"Um," Keith clearly looked uncomfortable, "What do you want Pidge?"

This made the blonde realize that I was also there. When she saw me, her nose scrunched up in disgust, almost as if she couldn't believe I was here with such a perfect guy.

Neither can I.

"U-Uh, I-I am not s-sure," I stuttered out. The menu that was provided on the table had so many options but it was hard to choose which one.

"Well, if I may, there is one dish that is just absolutely delicious,"the blonde woman said to Keith as she leaned down to point at which dish she was talking about.

Okay, is it just me, or should her shirt be that low?

"By the way," the waitress said, coming close to Keith's ear, "You could ditch this nerd and come with me. We can have lots of fun."

Was I not fun? I looked at Keith's expression, who looked like he wanted to bolt out of this place. He looked at the girl and then back at me before returning his gaze back to the girl.

"Well, you see," Keith started, and I looked down. I knew that he was going to leave me for this beautiful girl. I mean, I was Katie Holt: plain, boring nerd who had no friends and would live a lonely life forever.

"I can't just leave my girlfriend here."

Wait, what?

The waitress had a shocked expression on her face, and Keith smirked as he continued, "Yeah, I am not interested in ditching my girlfriend, who is the most beautiful girl ever. And I find it pretty interesting when she starts talking sciency with me. In fact, I find it pretty...hot."

My face was burning red as I looked down in my lap. Why was Keith lying? He didn't need to; I was fine with him leaving me.

Actually, I really wasn't.

A part of me was relieved that he said no to the blonde, who looked completely stupefied. A few seconds later, her face burned with anger as she looked at me.

"How did a nerd like you get him? You must be good in bed, that's probably the only reason-"

A loud slam ringed throughout the entire cafe, getting the attention of everyone, including Axca.

"Don't insult Pidge. And I suggest you go somewhere else. If you don't know, your boss is my cousin and she can fire you on the spot for what you just said to someone important to me," Keith growled out before demanding another waitress to serve us.

After we ordered food, I asked Keith, "What did she mean 'I must be good in bed'? Does it mean I know how to sleep well?"

Keith almost spit out his water that he was drinking. Then, he started laughing a little bit.

"Aww Pidge, you are by far the most innocent person I have ever met in my entire life."

I was still curious about what that meant. "Tell me what it means though!"

"Nope, I am not ruining your innocence. You are way too pure," Keith said, shaking his head.

I sat there in silence until a thought came to my head that made my cheeks heat up. Leaning closer to him, I whispered, "Does it have to do something with...that?"

"So you do know about s-"

I covered my ears and shouted, "Ew! Don't say that word!"

"Awwww, you are so adorable," Keith said, staring at me with awe. He kept on staring and staring until our food came.

We sat in silence as we ate. Turns out, I did get the dish that the waitress and even though she had a bitter personality, the food sure wasn't bitter. Honestly, I have never eaten a better burger in my life.

Once we both finished, Keith started to pull out his wallet when I stopped him. "N-no, you don't have to pay for my food. I have some money," I pulled out the money I was supposed to use for lunch today.

"Pidge, no, I am paying. Not you. Keep your money to yourself," Keith argued back, pulling out enough money to pay.

After paying, we went outside. I looked at the time and saw that there was still an hour left of school.

"Keith, w-what are we going to do? There is still school, and if we go home, M-Matt and Shiro will know we skipped school! A-and then-"

"Shhh, calm down Pidge. We can just go somewhere for an hour and then go back home, okay? Who would want to go to that shi- school anyway," Keith said, stopping himself from cursing. I was glad because I really didn't like bad words.

"Okay," I replied before another question came into mind. "Wait, where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there," Keith said, helping me onto the motorcycle. I was able to put on the helmet myself, which I was glad for.

"Fine," I said, crossing my hands over my chest. I quickly put them around Keith's waist on impulse when the bike jerked forward.

Keith didn't say anything, just smirked at me. I decided to keep my hands where they were because when I put them on his shoulders one time, I almost fell off the bike. This is a safer way.

And you get to feel his abs.

I blushed at that thought and tried my hardest to calm it down as we went through the streets, going god knows where.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

This is Chapter 14!

Good thing Keith doesn't have a thing for blondes...

Where do you think Keith will take Katie?

How do you like the story so far?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!