Chapter 9

When the bell to indicate the end of school rang, I rushed outside of school with Lance. We both had the same class last block and decided that we should meet Hunk and Keith before we all parted ways.

Once we reached the parking lot, which was filled with a lot of kids, we started looking for either one of our friends.

"Oh hey look! That's Hunk and Keith!" Lance stated, pointing to a big tree, where Hunk and Keith were talking.

As we approached the two, I could hear some snarky comments being made about me. A little sad about it, I scooted towards Lance as a form of protection.

Apparently, Keith didn't like that because when he saw how close Lance and I were, he shot a glare at Lance. However, the victim of the glare just smirked as if he had discovered something.

"Hey guys," Lance said when they guys were in hearing range.

"Hi Lance and Katie!"

"Katie. Lance."

I could tell Keith was getting mad, so I pulled away a little bit from Lance. That made a small grin appear on his face as he looked at me. I just gave a small smile of my own.

"Okay guys, so let's all exchange numbers so we can text each other whenever we want to," Hunk said, pulling out his phone.

The rest of us nodded in agreement and pulled out our own phones.

When I asked Keith for his number, he said, "Well then, Pidge, I never knew you were so desperate to get my number. I mean, if you wanted to have a good time, you could've just snuck into my bedroom window."

At first, I was confused when he said "a good time", but when he finished talking, I understood what he meant and blushed so hard I would make a tomato's jealous.

I didn't know what to say, so I just turned around, thinking that he might not have wanted my number.

However, his hand grabbed my phone and he put in his number.

When he handed it back to me, he leaned in and whispered into my ear, "Try not to text me at 3 a.m. in the morning okay?

"A-as long as you don't do t-the s-same to m-me," I replied, a little flustered that I could faintly feel his lips touch my ear.

He leaned back and smirked at me before turning back to Lance and Hunk, who were looking at our little exchange with curiosity.

"Well then," Lance started, smirking at me, "Hunk and I have to go. We'll see you guys tomorrow, right?"

Keith and I nodded and said bye to them. As they were walked back to their cars, Keith turned to me and said, "Let's go home now, shall we?"

"Sure," I replied as we went to his bike. I could see that his previous friends, Mike and the two guys I did not know that names of, were staring at both of us as we walked. It was kind of weird, but the thing that made me the most anxious was that the look on Mike's face was scary when he saw me. I could tell he was angry at Keith, but when his gaze went to me, a sinister smirk came onto his face. Weirded out, I pressed myself closer to Keith, which he did not have a problem with.

Once we both got situated on his bike, we went in the direction of our houses. It wasn't that bad to ride his bike because 1. He was going slow, and 2. It felt nice to have the wind blow on your face and see how everything was a blur as you went by it. I really wanted to try to stand up, but I did not have great balance so I opted to put my hands on Keith's shoulders. 

When we reached my house, I tried to get off, but a hand stopped me from moving. I looked up and saw that Keith had a concerned look on his face.

"Pidge, why were you crying today?"