Chapter 23

Riiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggggg!

Hearing my alarm clock, I quickly turn it off before putting on my glasses. Looking to my side, I see that a small card is resting on a pillow.

Hope you had a good dream about me. I'll be at your house for breakfast.

Keith

I blushed as I remembered that Keith stayed in my room for the night. 

It was honestly one of the best sleep I ever had. 

After I finished my morning routine, opting to wear a pair of leggings with a cute grey top and a plaid flannel, I go downstairs to see Keith already there.

"Hi," I said as I poured in some milk and cereal for myself.

"Hey," Keith responded, eating his own meal. "Shiro and Matt had early classes today, and they'll be here before we come back from school."

"Okay."

Luckily, he didn't mention anything about last night, which I was completely fine with. 

Once we both finished eating, we quickly got onto Keith's bike. It was embarrassing when he had to put me on the bike since I was too short to do so myself.

I saw that Lance and Hunk were waiting for us under a tree, and together, all four of us went inside.

Lance had a class near us, but Hunk's class was on the opposite side, so we parted ways and went into our classes.

Chem was very boring. Everyone was working on the project, and since Keith and I finished the first step, we were so ahead of everyone else that we really didn't need to do anything.

Oh, also, Katherine kept on glaring at me like I destroyed her life. So, I gave her what she deserved.

Me ignoring her. Honestly, she wasn't worth my time. Just that little fly in high school who becomes irrelevant in the real world.

Once class ended, Keith and I went to our other classes before lunch. 

P.E. was terrible because 1. I hate P.E. and 2. Did I mention I hate P.E.?

We had to play dodgeball and I think a certain girl whose name starts with a Kath and ends with erine was trying to get me out every single time. 

When she did hit me, it really hurt.

Math was okay. I liked the subject, but I knew most of the stuff the teacher was teaching us. Unfortunately, since I was a sophomore, this is the highest math class I can take this year. 

Finally, English was pretty boring except for the fact that I had Hunk to talk to. However, he kept on making comments about Keith and me, which made me blush. Eventually, I just ignored him and used our materials to make a barrier between us.

It didn't really do anything, though.

During lunch, the four of us were talking like usual until Lance pointed to something in the cafeteria.

"Guys, look. The most disgusting thing ever," he said, and we all turned to see the very unpleasant sight of Mike and Katherine... kissing, to put it lightly.

I think I just scarred my eyeballs for twenty lifetimes. 

"Eww," I immediately said, covering my eyes and turning around. Lance and Hunk put their hands over their eyes, but I saw that Keith was still facing the pair.

Why is he still looking at them?

I saw that Katherine pulled away from Mike and gave a smug smile in our direction, which made Keith stick out his middle finger and continue to eat, pretending as if nothing happened at all. 

Ignoring what we saw seconds ago, we started talking about random stuff going on in school. That is until two shadows loomed over us.

"Hey guys!" a high voice screeched out. I was resisting the urge to cover my ears. 

"What do you want you beech?" Lance said, looking at Katherine, who was wrapped around Mike.

"Oh, nothing. We just wanted to tell you guys that Mikey and I are in a relationship! Isn't that right, boo?" Katherine said, poking Mike's nose.

"Yup. You will not believe how amazing she is... at everything."

That made three of us cough while I just looked at them in confusion. Why are they coughing? 

Oh... it's because they disagree with what Mike said. Yeah, Katherine is bad at a lot of stuff. Like being nice. And being a civilized human being. 

"So, Keith, regretting your decision to choose the nerd over me?" Katherine asked Keith, who looked like he wanted to kill her.

"Yeah, dude, with that," he said, referring to me, "I am surprised you lasted this long. I mean, if it were me-"

"Well, Mikey, it isn't you, and you'll never find out, because Pidge is mine, okay? And if you ever come near her, I will spill all of your little secrets to the entire school. Want me to tell everyone what you were about to do to that poor girl?" Keith asked, making Mike's eyes widen.

"H-hey, you said you wouldn't tell anybody about that! We made a bro pact on it!"

"That was when you guys were bros. Keep up with the time," Lance sneered.

"Let's just go Mikey boo. These people aren't worth our time," Katherine insisted, pulling Mike away.

"Neither are you!" Hunk shouted, catching the attention of more people around us. Katherine looked furious as she went to our table, but not before shooting daggers at me one last time.

"Oh my goodness, they never give us a break. Honestly, Mullet, don't know how you managed to be friends with him," Hunk said.

"It was a stupid mistake. Plus, you guys are way better," Keith said, referring to all of us, but looking at me. I blushed and looked away from his gaze. 

"Mhm, totally us. I feel as if it was a certain... person who pulled you over here," Lance smirked, getting a glare from Keith.

"Speaking of, you need to ask right now Keith. Otherwise, you know what the consequences are," Hunk butted in, making Keith blush.

"N-now?" Keith stuttered, shocking me. Why was he stuttering? And what does he have to do?

"What are you guys talking about?" I questioned, feeling confused and left out.

"U-um, Pidge, can I talk to you for a second. Outside?"

I nodded, afraid of what might happen. Is he going to say that he doesn't want to be friends with me? Did he finally realize how boring of a person I am?

Pushing away those thoughts, I followed Keith to a hallway where there was nobody.

Looking at me, he said, "Pidge, I-I, um, well, y-you see-"

"W-what happened?" I asked, feeling my voice crack. He was going to end this friendship, right?

Good job Katie. The first friend you had and you're already bad at it. 

"W-will..."

"Just say it, Keith!"

He grabbed my hands, pulled me towards him, and asked, 

"Will you go out with me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Chapter 23 is here!

So... Keith finally manned up and asked out Pidge!!!!!!

What did you think of this chapter?

Do you want Keith's POV for it?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!