Chapter 19

"Why did you have to hit me so hard?" Lance complained for the millionth time since we picked him and Hunk up. When they came into the car, Lance commented on my attire, earning a glare and a hard punch on the shoulder from Keith.

"You should've kept your mouth shut," Keith said, annoyed that Lance was still complaining. 

The car was silent for the remainder of the time. When we pulled up to the house where the party was, I saw that it was the typical scene I read in all Teen Fiction books: drunk people outside, cans littering the front, music blasting from inside, and teens doing things that should be private, not public. 

We had to walk a lot to get to the house since the entire street was filled with cars. Once we reached the front, Keith pushed the door and I was immediately overwhelmed by the smell of alcohol and beer. I coughed loudly, but no one heard me since the music was so loud it would make a person go deaf if they continued to listen to it. 

A girl wearing a blue-green dress with brown boots came up to us.

"Hey Hunk!" She exclaimed giving him a small hug.

"H-Hi Shay," Hunk said back, a blush forming on his cheeks as he returned the hug.

"Want to get a drink?" Shay asked after she greeted us all. Lance wasn't there because he left us as soon as he saw some girl he deemed were "a good catch.".

"You two go ahead, we'll stay here," Keith said, moving Hunk towards the direction of the kitchen.

"Okay," they both said, walking to the kitchen while talking.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked Keith, not sure what a person was supposed to do when they were at a party.

"Well, we could get spiked drinks, get extremely drunk, dance our heads off, go to some room with someone, and completely forget what we did in the morning," Keith said nonchalantly, while I stared wide-eyed at him. 

Seeing my expression, he chuckled, "I am just joking Pidge. We could get something to drink and dance if you wanted too. Or we could sit down and comment on every stupid thing that is happening here if you are too lazy to move around."

Sitting around seemed boring. "We could dance," I replied, and Keith nodded, pulling me to the dance floor.

Both of us weren't the best dancers, but neither were most people around us, so it didn't matter. After what felt like hours, Keith said- well, more like shouted, "I am going to get some water for us. Don't go anywhere."

I nodded and continued to dance. A few seconds later, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. Thinking it was Keith, I turned around, only to see a guy I have never met before with a smirk on his face.

"Can you let go of me, please?" I asked the guy, creeped out when he came closer to me. I could smell alcohol in his breath.

"Why? I thought you liked this. Don't you do this stuff with Keith?"

Huh? What is he even talking about?

"What are you saying? Keith and I see just friends."

"With benefits. It's obvious he is just using you," The creepy guy said, putting his arms around me.

Immediately, I tried to get out of his hold, but he just tightened his grip. Tears were streaming out of my eyes as I cried out, "Let go of me!" 

However, no one heard me as this guy started to move his hands around. Suddenly, I couldn't feel anybody on me. What I could see, though, was Keith on the ground, punching the guy who was making me uncomfortable.

"Why don't guys like you understand what no means? If a girl says no, it's a no," Keith growled out as he repeatedly landed punch after punch on the guy who was trying to defend himself.

Said guy made the mistake of opening his mouth and saying, "Don't blame me. She was the one who was on me-"

This angered Keith even more as he started to hit so hard I thought I heard a bone crack. Quickly, I ran to the two, trying to pull Keith of the unnamed guy.

"Keith! Stop! You're going to kill him!" I shouted as I tried to move Keith off the guy.

However, he wasn't listening as he responded, "Well, he deserves it."

Luckily, Lance and Hunk were able to shove through the crowd that was forming around us and get Keith off the guy.

"Go away you-" Lance started to shout out some colorful words to the guy who was holding his nose while trying to get up to run away.

"What are you all looking at?" Hunk shouted to the people who were looking, either with their eyes or through their phones. Everyone immediately went back to what they were doing, and the party started again.

"Dude, why the h*ll did you stop me?" Keith shouted at Lance, pushing him off.

"Dude, you were about to kill the guy and make Katie go into hyperventilation."

At this, Keith looked at me and we both realized that I had started to cry and probably looked like a slob with makeup all over my face.

"Oh my god, Pidge," Keith whispered, running to me, "Are you okay? Did the guy hurt you? I am so, so sorry for leaving you alone. I shouldn't have done that considering this was your first party."

"I-I'm fine," I managed to stammer out.

"How about we leave, okay?" I nodded at the suggestion and Keith told Lance and Hunk that he was going to take me home. They said that they would come too, but Keith told them not to worry about it and get a ride from one of Lance's sibling.

As soon as we went outside, the cold air made me shiver and try to cover up my arms. Keith noticed this and took off his red jacket, putting it around my shoulders.

"Won't you be cold?" I asked Keith, looking up at him.

"No, don't worry about it. I can manage." I don't think he was managing considering that he was shaking.

Not wanting to risk getting him sick, I tried to put some of the jacket on him, but it just fell down.

"What are you trying to do?" Keith asked me, smirking while a blush started to form on my cheeks.

"Well, you just looked cold so I thought that we both could use the jacket," I replied, looking down at the ground in embarrassment.

"Aww, nice to know that you care for me Pidge," Keith said while the blush on my cheeks grew. "But it's fine. Plus, we are already at my car."

I saw that we were indeed in front of his car. Nodding my head, I quickly got into the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt. 

The car ride was silent because Keith was focusing on driving, and I was focusing on not falling asleep. It was pretty late from what I could tell just by looking outside.

A few minutes later, we were in front of my house. Keith offered to help me go to my door since I was about to fall asleep standing up.

All of the lights were off, indicating that Matt was asleep. Oh well, I still have the house ke... Shoot, I didn't bring the house key with me.

"Umm Keith?" 

"Yeah?"

"I don't have my house key."

"Well, sh*t."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Chapter 10 is finally up!

Sorry about the ending. It really sucks, but I didn't want to make this chapter super long while the others are about 1000 words.

What do you think Kidge will have to do now?

What do you think of the story?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!