Chapter 13

I didn't recognize where we were going on as Keith zoomed us down the road. Well, he didn't exactly zoom; he was going at a pace that didn't make me want to throw up.

I really wanted to ask where we were going but decided against it because if I disturb Keith, he might be distracted and accidently swerve into a ditch or something and then we would die or get serious injuries but Matt would kill Keith because he wasn't careful enough and I would have to leave this place because my parents-

"Pidge? Hey, Pidge. We are here. Do you want me to help you or leave you there?" A voice shook me out of my crazy thoughts as I turned to Keith. 

"C-could you help me?" I asked him. I didn't want to risk falling down because then the entire situation that was in my head would happen.

"What's the magic word?" Keith smirked, obviously getting amusement out of my state of helplessness.

"P-please?" I desperately hoped that was it because I swear I was going to fall if Keith let go of the bike. 

"Hmmm," Keith started, looking off into space as if in deep thought about if he should help me, the poor, innocent little girl, or leave me here to fall my to death. 

"I-I'll do anything if you help me!" I quickly exclaimed, because his hand was slowly inching to the end of the handle.

Keith stopped and looked at me with a weird expression on his face. Then he smirked, came closer to me, and asked, "Anything?"

"Yeah!" I nodded my head, eager to get out of this situation. "I-I could carry your books for a day, o-or a week if you want. Or I could get you your food for a week. Or-"

"Pidge," Keith interrupted me.

"Yeah?" Why was he looking at me all weird? Did I say something wrong?

We just stayed there in that position, me sitting on the bike, facing Keith, while he was in front of me, staring at me with an odd face.

After what felt like hours, I finally asked, "A-are you going to get me off of this?" 

Keith snapped out of his trance and quickly got me off the bike. Once he took off my helmet, I looked around and saw that we were outside of a small cafe.

Confused, I turned around to look at Keith, who grabbed my hand and started to walk towards the doors of the cafe named Garrison Cafe.

Ignoring the tingles that shot up my arm when he grabbed my hand, I asked Keith, "Why are we here? Didn't we just have lunch?"

"Yes, but you didn't have enough to eat. Can't have you starving. Otherwise, Matt would have my head and keep it as a trophy," Keith replied, and the thought of Keith's head in Matt's trophy spot was enough to scare the crap out of me.

Once we entered the cafe, I was enveloped in a warm and cozy feeling. The place looked really small but in a good way. It reminded me of home, with the pictures on the painted walls and the lights on the ceiling. Looking around, I saw that there were a few people who were sitting, either tapping furiously on their computers or talking to another person.

"Keith darling!" We both turned around to the sound of a voice and saw a beautiful woman who looked like she was in her early twenties. She had long brown hair that fell to her waist with bright green eyes and almost perfect looking skin. She was in the cafe uniform and had a huge smile on her face.

Wait, darling?

The lady went up to Keith and jumped onto him, squeezing the life out of him. Keith returned the hug with equal force while laughing, and that action made a small frown appeared on my face.

"Hey, Acxa. How's the cafe doing?" Keith asked back with a huge smile on his face as he looked at her. I averted my eyes to the floor so I wouldn't have to see the two looking like a couple.

They might be one. You never know.

"Oh, it's doing great. How are you?" Acxa replied.

"I'm great. Oh, I forgot to introduce you to my new friend," Keith said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "This is Pidge."

"Pidge?" Acxa asked, and I couldn't tell if there was disgust or genuine curiosity in her voice.

"M-my r-real name i-is K-Katie," I softly whispered. 

"Awww, you are too cute. It's a good thing that Keith found you. I was starting to worry about the fact that the guy has never-"

Acxa was cut off by a loud groan from Keith. 

"We aren't together Acxa!" Keith shouted, earning a few stares from nearby customers.

I just continued to blush, even though I felt a little pang in my chest when Keith said we weren't together.

Shut up, Katie! The guy probably likes the girl in front of you and you know that you can't beat her!

Of course, my mind is going to bring me down about this new feeling I was having. But it was right; Keith is way out of my league and the beauty in front of me was the perfect match for him.

"Oh," Acxa replied, a small frown on her face, almost as if she was disappointed. Shouldn't she be happy?

"Anyway, go ahead and choose a table. I'll be right with you. I just wanted to talk to your friend," Acxa said.

"Okay," Keith said, confused as to why she wanted to talk to me, a girl she barely met before. Maybe she was going to tell me to stay away from Keith because he was hers? If that was the case, I would clear it up before she would start raging in my face.

As soon as Keith was out of hearing distance, I turned to Acxa.

"I-I  don't l-like Keith. H-he is just a f-friend. I-I also think he likes you. You should p-probably ask him out because I-I can tell you guys like each other. B-but I promise I won't interfere."

"Katie-" Acxa started, but I wasn't done yet.

"I-If you don't want us to be friends, I totally get it. B-but you guys a-are perfect for each other and I really don't want to mess it up."

Katie, it's not-"

"You know what? I-I should go. You guys could have your own little date! I-I'll just call my brother." With that, I turned to walk away but Acxa's manicured hand grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Katie," Acxa started, and she seemed like she was going to burst out laughing, "I don't like Keith."

"B-but, he likes you. I can see it," I responded. 

It seemed like Acxa couldn't hold her laughter in because she started to laugh so hard I thought she was going to die. 

After hearing her laugh like a maniac, getting many people's attention, including Keith's curious gaze, she righted herself and said, "Katie, Keith is my cousin."

Oh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! 

Chapter 13 is finally up!

I literally wrote all of this in one day because I had nothing to do.

Anyway, Katie's been a little jealous! ;)

What do you guys think of Acxa?

What about Kidge's relationship?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!