Chapter 16

"Keith! Open the d*mn door!" Matt shouted as he pounded the Kogane brothers' front door.

I could hear footsteps from inside and a few seconds later, the door opened and Keith was standing there.

With nothing on but sweatpants.

Oh my god.

Keith was shirtless. In front of me. I've never seen someone shirtless. Do they all look like...that?

I have to say, he has a nice chest.

And abs. You know you wanted to see them ever since you first felt them.

Shut up mind!

"Keith! Wear a shirt you...you-" Matt was turning livid at the fact that there was a teenage boy-not related to me- shirtless.

"But Pidge doesn't have a problem with it? Do you Pidge?" Keith said, smirking as he looked at me. He crosses his arms over his chest and leaned on the side of his door.

I think the room just turned 30 degrees hotter. 

"U-Uh, I-I, y-you," I was a stuttering mess. What was one supposed to do in situations like this? I think I was going to faint.

"H-Hey, Pidge, you okay? You look like you are going to fall," Keith said as he tried to come close to me. Matt gave him a glare and told him to put on a shirt while he led me inside. My ankle was still hurting so I had to rest it somewhere.

Keith entered the room a few seconds later, this time wearing a shirt.

"What did you want to talk about Matt? Shiro isn't here, he's on a date so-"

"Yes, I know he is on a date," Matt cut him off. "I wanted to talk to you.  Why did you corrupt my poor, innocent little sister?"

"What'd you mean?" Keith asked, genuinely confused. 

"Don't play dumb with me, Kogane. I know you were the one who told Katie about being safe in...both ways," Matt whispered the last part. Almost as if he didn't want me to hear it.

Keith burst out laughing while Matt just stared at him in pure shock. When he came down from his high, Keith struggled to say the words, "I-I wasn't the one who said that. T-that was L-Lance."

"Who is Lance?" Matt asked me.

"He is another one of my friends," I said.

"Why did he say that to her?" Matt asked, and Keith and I looked at each other. If we told Matt that it was because we were skipping half of school, Keith was going to die. I tried to come up with an explanation but Keith beat me to it.

"Lance didn't say it to her. He was talking to a couple who was going to ditch school during lunch. Pidge was sitting with us, so she heard it. She asked me about it, and I told her I wasn't going to tell her," Keith said. Wow, this guy is really good at lying!

"O-Oh, okay, thanks for that," Matt said, surprised. At least he bought the lie!

"Great, now is there anything else you wanted? Cuz I was in the middle of a workout before you came and almost broke my door," Keith said as he got up. Matt gave him a small glare but shook his head before picking me up.

"Hey, wait, let me do that," Keith blurted out, walking toward me and scooping me in his arms. 

Um...okay...

Matt looked shocked but before he could question Keith's actions, Keith said, "I was going to work out anyways. Plus, Pidge isn't heavy."

"Okay," Matt said, walking in front of us. Keith and I started walking to my house.