Chapter 12

As soon as my lips brushed his cheek, I realized what I was doing and quickly pulled away, looking down in embarrassment.

"I-I-I am s-so s-sorry! I-I d-didn't m-m-mean to d-do that! S-sorry..." I trailed off and dared to look up at Keith, who just stood there with a weird expression on his face.

"I-I w-won't d-do that a-a-again, I-I p-promise," I continued, watching Keith's lips form a frown.

Was he upset that I won't do that again or was he upset about the fact that I actually did that?

Not knowing what else to do, I turned and started to walk back to school when a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me into someone's body, forcing me to look at them.

Keith stared at my eyes for what felt like forever before finally saying something.

"P-Pidge, I-, why did you do that?"

The way he said it was out of pure confusion, not repulsion. It made me feel a bit better about myself, considering that he most likely won't hate me now.

"W-well, y-you h-helped me a-and I w-wanted to-," I couldn't finish my sentence; instead, I looked at Keith's chest, which was extremely close to my face.

"Do you do that to every boy who helps you?" I couldn't help but flinch at the question. I knew that it wasn't supposed to be mean, but it made me feel heavy in the chest.

"N-no, you are t-the first p-person I-I've e-ever k-kissed...o-on the cheek," I said, adding the last part so he wouldn't be confused.

"Aww Pidge, you are too innocent for your own good," Keith said, chuckling as he held me close to his chest.

I frowned at his comment. I wasn't innocent! Just because I haven't done...stuff doesn't make me seem like a 3-year old child who doesn't have a clue in this world.

Before I could retaliate, I heard a voice call out my name. Two voices, actually.

"Katie, are you okay?" Lance questioned as soon as he reached me. He pulled me out of Keith's loosening hold and started checking me as if I got physically hurt.

Lance didn't have me for even five seconds before I was ripped out of his grip and pulled into a chest that I was way too familiar with at this point.

"Don't. Touch. My. Girl." Keith said in a deadly voice, almost like he wanted to kill Lance.

Huh?

"Sorry Mullet," Lance said, a smirk on his face. Why did it look like he just proved a point here?

Before I could dwell on that fact, Hunk came up to us, out of breath, with a smirk identical to Lance's.

"So, you guys together now? I mean, I just saw Keith calling Katie the most beautiful person in the world he has ever met, comfort Katie when she didn't need any comfort, and get a kiss from her on the cheek! And he almost bit of Lance for touching her.If you guys aren't together, I'm going to drop kick you off the face of the Earth."

By the end of the speech, my face was burning bright red and on instinct, I hid my face in Keith's chest.

"We aren't dating yet," Keith replied in a steady voice.

Wait.....yet? What's that supposed to mean?

Hunk and Lance just nodded in response.

"Okay, that's cool. We have to go inside the building now. Next block is going to start in...five minutes," Hunk said, glancing at his watch.

"Whatever, I'm going to skip anyway...and Pidge is coming with me," Keith replied.

Okay, I won't judge...wait, I'm coming with him???

"I-I can't skip s-school!" I blurted out, gaining the attention of all three of my friends.

"Aw, is little Pidge afraid of skipping school?" Keith said, trying to taunt me. That didn't work.

"Yes! I-If I get caught, Matt will get really m-mad at me! And then, he i-is going to send me b-back to my parents and then I-I won't be able to hang out with you guys and I'll be all alone and my parents will be disappointed in me and my last year of high school will be terrible and I don't want to skip school!" I had to take a really big breath afterward; otherwise, I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen.

After they calm me down, Lance said, "Don't worry Katie. Mullet will keep you safe. Won't you, Mullet?"

"Stop calling me Mullet!" Keith replied in a frustrated voice. He then turned to me and said, "And Lance is right. No one will find out. These two can tell the office you weren't feeling well and I am taking you home today. And we will be back home right after school ends."

I pondered on his plan. That would work. But if Matt somehow did find out, I was toast.

Oh well.

I gave Keith a small smile along with a thumbs up, and he grinned.

"Alright then, see you next week guys!" Keith said to Lance and Hunk as he dragged me to his bike.

"Stay safe guys!" Hunk replied back.

"In both ways!" Lance said, and both of them started laughing like maniacs while Keith turned red and gave them the middle finger.

As he put the helmet on my head, I asked Keith, "What did they mean to stay safe in both ways?"

Keith just put me down on his bike before replying, "You are too innocent for your own good, Pidge."

I still don't get what they meant by that.

Oh well, I'll just search it up when I get home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Chapter 12 is finally up!

I honestly did not know what to do after the kiss(haha sorry if I ruined your dreams of Kidge's first kiss) but hope you guys like the chapter!

I honestly feel bad for Pidge. She should not search that up when she gets home. She is way too innocent!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!