Chapter 4

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw that I was no longer on the couch of my brother's house. Instead, I was laying down on a bed with the covers carefully placed on top of me. I sat up and saw that it was starting to get dark outside. Was I really out that long?

Because I was stuck in my thoughts, when I heard another voice near me, I nearly fell out of the bed.

"You OK?"

Those two words made me look towards my left and I saw the mystery guy who made me faint twice with just his looks. I saw that he was staring at me intently, and I quickly looked down to my lap with a faint blush on my cheeks.

When he didn't say anything, I realized he just asked how I was. Cursing myself internally, I tried to muster up a normal response.

"Y-yeah, I-I am fine."

Why did I always have to stutter in front of people that I don't know and make a fool of myself?

"Great. So want to tell me why you fainted twice in my presence?"

Now my cheeks were bursting red. I tried to say something but all I was left with was a stuttering mess. I was really making a fool in front of myself in front of I guy that I didn't know. I faked a cough to hide my failure at responding and said, "I-I w-was f-feeling....lightheaded."

"Lightheaded by how hot I am?"

I didn't know what made me say this. It might have been how embarrassed I was, or how red I was turning, or how infuriating this guy was being, but I said, "Why is your ego so big? You do not look good enough to make a girl faint."

Immediately, I covered my mouth, too shocked about what I said to register the expression mystery guy had on his face. I looked back down and started to whisper apologies under my breath. When I didn't hear the guy say anything, I assumed that he was angry, but I, being an idiot, risked to look up at his face. What I saw surprised me.

The guy was actually smiling, a full blown out smile, and looked like he was holding in a laugh. I just stared at him, wondering what he found was so amusing.

Once he recovered from his state of looking like he was going to die, he put a smirk on his face and stuck out his hand.

"Hey, I am Keith Kogane, brother of Shiro."

"H-hi. I-I am K-Katie Holt, s-sister of M-Matt."

He nodded his head and turned to the door. As he started walking, another thought came into my mind.

"Wait!"

Keith stopped and faced me, a small smirk on his face.

"Yes?"

"Um, where is Matt?"

"Oh, he is downstairs, talking to Shiro. I was just about to go to them. Want to come?"

"S-sure."

I got off the bed and followed Keith out of my new bedroom door. When we got downstairs, I saw that Matt and Shiro were on the couch I had previously been on, watching some football game.

"Hey idiots," Keith said while taking a seat on another sofa in the room.

Shiro walked over to Keith and gave him a slap on his head, which earned Shiro a glare as he walked back to where Matt was sitting.

"So, Matt, you never told me your sister was this hot."

The squeak that came from my throat let everyone know that I was there, although Keith just held a smirk on his face when he saw my expression to his comment. My cheeks turned redder than they have ever been.

"Watch what you are saying, Kogane. That's my sister you're talking about."

Keith just held up his hands and said, "Hey, can't blame me for telling the truth."

If it was possible, my cheeks burst into a darker shade of red than they had previously been. My legs felt like jello for some reason and I desperately needed a place to sit down. I saw Matt pat the spot next to him and I walked there carefully, making sure I did not trip because of my clumsiness. Once I sat down, my brother put an arm around my shoulders and moved me closer to him.

"Keith, stop making Katie uncomfortable," Shiro said, almost like how a dad would say to his son.

Keith didn't say anything, just sat back on the sofa with a smirk planted on his face.

"So, Katie, just letting you know, Keith is in the same school as you, just one grade older, so he will be your ride to and from school," Matt said, changing the subject.

I looked down, not knowing what to say. I had to go in the same car as the...the...jerk over there? I could barely talk to him! Imagine a car ride with him!!

I bet you would enjoy that.

I rid myself of that thought and just looked up at Matt, nodding.

"Great, so, do you want dinner? I can't cook, sadly, but I have some leftovers from lunch today. You can have them if you want," Matt said, getting up to go to the kitchen.

"Sure," I replied back. I was really hungry.

He nodded and started walking to the kitchen.

"So..."

I turned to Shiro, who looked like he wanted to say something.

"How old are you?" He questioned with a curious face.

"I-I am 16."

"Cool. I am 20, the same age as your brother. This idiot over here who is somehow my brother is 17."

Keith gave a dirty glare to Shiro but when he looked at me, I saw his mouth curve up. I turned my head back to Shiro, not wanting to start becoming a blubbering mess again.

Shiro just asked me basic questions, like what my favorite color was, favorite food, and so on, until Matt shouted out that food was ready.

Shiro and Keith already ate, so they were going to go back to their house, which was right next door to ours. All three boys did some weird bro-hug that guys always seemed to do. Right before Matt was about to close the door, I saw Keith make eye contact at me and wink. I blushed a little but waved bye at him. Once they left, Matt and I went to the kitchen so I could eat my food. While I was eating, Matt decided to strike up a conversation with me.

"So, did you like them?"

"Um, y-yeah. Shiro seems nice and Keith is also...um nice." I couldn't exactly say I didn't like one of Matt's friends when I just met them!

Matt nodded, but he smiles to himself, almost as if a thought came to him that never occurred. He quickly covered it, though, and started to ask me about if I had everything I needed for school tomorrow.

After I finished eating, I said goodnight to Matt and we both went to our respective rooms. I changed into an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts since it wasn't that cold and prepared to turn off all of my lights when I saw a figure move from the house next door.

I recognized the person as Keith, the guy that I had just met. He was my next door neighbor as well as the person who had the bedroom right across from me. When he saw me looking at him, he just smirked.

I quickly turned away, a blush forming on my cheeks, and turned off all the lights before going to bed.

I didn't know why, but my blush didn't seem to go away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So this is Chapter 4!

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Please comment and/or vote!!