Keith's POV(Chapter 8)

As Pidge and I walked to my "friends", I could hear all sorts of comments being thrown our way. Most of them were about Pidge.

I just gave a glare to anybody who said something hurtful as we approached Mike and the others. 

They all saw me and gave me a pat on the back before turning their attention on Pidge. Lucas was the first one to comment, "Hey Keith, isn't that the girl who was looking for you yesterday?"

"Oh yeah, the attention seeking wh-"

I growled at Mike's words, not letting him finish. How dare he try to call my Pidge that?

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Mike," I said. "She is my friend and I won't hesitate to put you in your place if you insult her." 

Mike, who was trying not to show any fear, said, "Woah dude, why are you becoming so defense over a chick. She's probably the girl from last week who didn't get the message. What happened to bros before h-"

I punched him in the face before he could finish. As he fell down to the ground, I could see people were looking at me, probably shocked that I punched one of my friends.

Yeah, don't think we are buddies anymore. 

"Katie is not a h**. And we are not bros anymore. A bro would not insult a girl that happens to be my friend," I growled out.

The other two looked at me, surprised that I did that. Even though they weren't that much of a bother, I used my eyes to tell them that this is the last time I was going to hang out with them. Then, they helped up Mike, who glared at Pidge before walking away.

"K-Keith, a-are you o-okay?" a small voice asked, and I turned to see Pidge tentatively stepping towards me.

Did I scare her?

I nodded before shouting at the crowd around us, who immediately went back to whatever they were doing. 

"Let's go inside, okay Pidge?" I asked her, and she nodded, a smile on her face.

As soon as we stepped inside the building, she said bye to me before walking to class. The class I shared with her. I followed her and after a few seconds, she turned around to face me. 

"Why are you following me?" she asked, and I laughed internally. She seriously didn't realize I was in her first block class?

"In case you haven't realized Pidge, we have the same first block class," I said, and she let out a small "oh" of realization.

Noticing that she looked uncomfortable by the way she was looking at the ground, I said, "Hey, let's go to class before we get lunch detention for being late."

Her eyes widened at the thought of being late as she ran down the hallway in the wrong direction.

"Pidge, you're going the wrong way."

She blushed and followed me. 

Luckily, we made it to class on time.

----------------------------------------------
I wasn't even paying attention to what the teacher was saying. Honestly, Chemistry is so boring. Nothing unusual happened.

Except for when Pidge asked me to switch spots with her.

"Why?" I asked, concerned.

"N-nothing, I-I just w-want to s-sit where y-y-you are sitting," she replied. She sounded like she was about to cry. Okay, who was the ***hole who made her cry? 

Might've been you, Keith.

No, it's not! I didn't do anything wrong... I think.

"Katie, what's wrong?" I asked, ignoring my thoughts.

"I-I said n-n-nothing is w-wrong!" she almost shouted, tears falling from her eyes. 

I think my heart broke. 

I held her hands as she tried to brush away her tears and asked, "Aww, Pidge, why are you crying?"

She didn't respond, just put her head down. If she didn't want to tell me now, fine. But she was going to tell me no matter what.

"Okay, I will switch spots with you, but you have to tell me what's wrong. When Matt sees that you have been crying, I am going to be the one who will most likely get hurt," I said as I switched spots with her. 

She laughed and I smiled, glad that she wasn't crying anymore. 

During class, I looked at Pidge a few times to make sure she was okay, even if she knew I was doing it. Her safety is important to me. 

D*mn, Keithy boy, you are whipped!

I. Am. Not!

Once the bell rang, we both went outside to go to our lockers. Then, we parted ways to go to our second and third blocks.

As soon as it was lunchtime, I went to Lance, not looking at my original table, where Mike was glaring at me from. 

We were talking about some random stuff when Pidge and Hunk came and sat down next to us. Fortunately, Hunk took the spot next to Lance, so Pidge sat down next to me.  

"Hey Pidge, Hunk." I smiled at her and nodded at Hunk, which he returned.

While Lance and Hunk were talking about something, I looked at Pidge while she was eating her lunch. After some time, she looked at me.

"W-what?" she asked, blushing.

"Are you just going to ignore me, your best friend?" I asked, putting my hand on my heart in mock hurt.

She looked guilty as she stammered, "I-I-I am s-sorry! I d-didn't m-mean to-"

"Calm down Pidge, it was just a joke," I said, laughing. She nodded, embarrassed.

"Hey," a voice cut through, "I thought I was your best friend!" Lance exclaimed.

I got annoyed while Pidge responded, "You all are m-my friends."

"But I wanna be your best friend," Lance whined, which earned him a glare from me. 

"Pidge is my best friend, so shut up Lance," I said, pulling Pidge closer to me as she squeaked in surprise.

Lance, the stupid idiot, smirked and said, "A little jealous, are we Mullet?"

I groaned at that nickname he gave me ever since freshman year. "Stop calling me Mullet!"

And that was how lunch went on: Lance kept on teasing me, Pidge talked to me a bit, and Hunk enjoyed the free source of entertainment that laid out before him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Here is Chapter 8 in Keith's POV!

What did you think of this chapter?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!

Merry Christmas!!!