Chapter 6

Once the bell rang, I left AP English with Hunk, who was talking about how much he hated English and the book we had to start reading. In my opinion, it wasn't that bad of a book.

"Ok, so Lance just texted me saying he is already at the cafeteria. Do you need to get your lunch from your locker?" Hunk asked after finishing his mini-rant.

I just shook my head. I forgot to pack a lunch because Shiro was already cooking breakfast at that time.

Hunk nodded and we were on our way to the cafeteria.

When we were there, I saw that many students were already sitting at the lunch tables, talking to their friends, or waiting to get their food.

Lance was already sitting down at a table in a corner with his food, so Hunk and I went to him. Once we sat down, Hunk started eating food from Lance's plate and Lance didn't say anything.

I quickly got my food from the cafeteria and went back to the table. The two boys were talking about some new game that came out this week and since I didn't know what they were talking about, I just sat there eating my food.

After a while, Lance looked behind me and said, "So, Katie, want to tell us why Mr. Badboy Keith has been staring at you for the past 5 minutes?"

Confused about what Lance was saying, I turned around and saw that at the middle of the cafeteria, Keith was looking at our direction, ignoring the chatter of his friends at his table.

When he met my eyes, I blushed and quickly turned around. When I did, however, both Lance and Hunk were looking at me with a smirk on their faces.

"H-he wasn't l-looking at m-me guys," I started to say, because why on Earth would Keith be looking at me anyway?

"Suuuuuure," Lance drawled, which made me blush even harder.

"Aww, look, little Katie has a little crush," Hunk said, trying to pinch my cheeks. However, before he could do that, a voice came from behind me.

"Pidge has a crush on somebody on her first day here already?" A very familiar voice said from behind me. I could tell that Lance and Hunk knew who it was because their faces held shock, mostly because Keith Kogane was talking to them.

I looked down at my hands that were slightly trembling in my lap as Keith sat down next to me, trying to get me to look at him. 

Wait...

"M-my name i-is Katie, n-not P-Pidge," I stuttered quietly to the boy next to me.

"I know that Pidge, but you remind me of a little pigeon, so I am going to call you Pidge," Keith said, and when I looked at him from under my eyelashes, he held a smirk.

Typical.

"Awwwww," Lance shouted out, earning a few curious glances from some of the neighboring tables. I was beyond mortified now, and to add to my embarrassment, Hunk started laughing out loud. 

"W-why are y-you here?" I asked Keith, ignoring my two new friends who were making kissy faces and acting all lovey-dovey with each other. 

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that I will be picking you up to drop you to your house. Shiro and Matt's orders. See ya," Keith replied, before getting up and walking back to his table, where one of his friends was asking why he left.