Chapter 27

"Coran's Cool Chef Castle?"

I looked at the restaurant with the odd name. It looked nice, with color all over it and the sign sticking out with an orange-haired guy putting a thumbs up. He had a similar colored mustache and purple eyes.

"Yeah. The food here is amazing," Keith said, helping me out from the car. 

He was being very sweet today. Probably because he wanted to make sure that Matt doesn't castrate him for giving me a bad date. 

"Ok. If you say so," I said, walking to the restaurant, hand in hand with Keith. 

Inside, the place looked much bigger than it did from the outside. Many people were all around us, chatting, and waiters and waitresses were zooming across the place.

Keith and I walked up to a lady in front of a tall table, looking bored. When she saw us, she put on a fake smile and said, "Welcome to Coran's Cool Chef Castle? How many people?"

I looked at her, surprised as to how her voice was so snarky while Keith answered two. She was probably so irritated that she pointed to me and asked, "Does she need a kid's menu?"

I do not look that young! I am 16!

"No, she is 16. I am pretty sure she will use a menu that is for her, not a 10-year-old," Keith said, shaking his head. 

The lady didn't say anything, she just directed us to a corner table where there wasn't much noise.

"Here you go my lady," Keith said, pulling out my chair for me.

I laughed and said thank you. He gave me a grin, which made my heart flutter. 

He is so cute.

Don't you mean hot? And sexy? And so handsome that you can't keep your hands off h-

Brain, shut up! Your commentary is unnecessary!

"So, what do you usually get?" I asked, Keith, glancing at the menu. God, there were so many choices to pick from!

"Well, I usually get any pasta. They are all so good." I nodded and looked at the pasta section.

A few seconds later, a waitress came to us. "Hello! My name is Sarah. I'll be your server tonight. For starters, what would you like to drink?"

At least she wasn't like that waitress from the cafe who only came to flirt with Keith. 

"I'll take water. What about you Pidge?" Keith said, looking at me.

"I'll have the water too," I said, giving a small smile to Keith. He returned it, and if not for the waitress, I think we would've forgotten where we were.

"Awww, you guys are such a cute couple! I'll be right back with your drinks," Sarah said, walking away and making me blush.

We weren't a couple... yet.

Keith and I talked about random things, like our families or what our favorite anything was. Apparently, Keith's father, who was a firefighter, was dead because he tried saving people from a burning building and didn't make it. 

"I-I'm sorry about your dad Keith," I said, putting a hand on his arm, comforting him.

"It's fine. It happened a while ago so..." he trailed off, and an awkward silence fell on us. Then, his gaze went to where my hand was still on his arm and he looked at me, smirking. I pulled my hand back. blushing hard.

"Hey, guys! Here is your water," Sarah said, putting our glasses on the table, "Now, are you guys ready to order?"

"Yeah. I'll take the house pasta with marinara sauce," Keith said as Sarah wrote it down.