Chapter 21

"Okay, so how should we do this?"

Currently, Keith and I were in my living room, working on our Chemistry project. Well, at least trying to. For the past 10 minutes, Keith and I have been thinking about how to do the project. 

Finally, Keith responded. "How about you choose three feelings and I choose three? We can both decide what should be for the last one."

I nodded and started to think of the feelings we could do. Listing them down after a few minutes, I turned to Keith, who had already finished.

"What did you get?" Keith asked me.

I showed him my list: happiness, sadness, and stress.

"What about you?" I asked Keith, and he just smirked before showing me what he thought of.

Anger, love, and...

"We are not doing that last one!" I all but shouted, blushing like a madman.

"Why not?" Keith asked, pouting as he leaned closer to me. "Too embarrassed to do that one with me?"

"U-Uh-" I stuttered as he came even closer to me.

Once he was near my ear, he whispered, all breathy, "You don't need to be shy about it Pidge. It's totally fine to feel it."

I think I just died. No boy has ever been this close to me, so this was all new to me. What was I supposed to do?

As soon as I felt his lips brush against my ear, I put my hands on Keith's chest and pushed him away. He looked confused and almost hurt, but I didn't say anything about it.

"U-um, w-we should get back to work," I said, busying myself with the papers.

"Okay..." Keith said, shocked at what happened before.

He quickly righted himself before helping me, but it was still awkward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two hours, we had finished all of our research. Both of us were exhausted, and even though things weren't as weird as it was before, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what happened before.

"Hey, do know where Matt and Shiro are?" Keith asked me. That was a good question: where are they?

I shrugged, not knowing the answer. Keith pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to both of them before he stood up and stretched.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked Keith, looking at the time. It was 4 P.M., and as far as I know, I did not have anything to do today.

"Wanna watched a movie?" Keith asked, and I nodded. That's a great idea!

"Okay, but I get to choose," he said. Okay, that's fine.

Keith chose something I didn't get a chance to see and sat down on the biggest couch. I sat on the other side of it, huddled in a blanket.

As the movie started, I saw that it was The Conjuring. Did he have to put this movie on? I hated horror movies and based on what other people had said in my old school after they watched it, it was pretty scary.

Keith, seeing my reaction to his movie choice, smirked and asked, "Too scared to watch it?"

Frustrated with how cocky he sounded, I retorted, "Of course not."

I really was though.

Throughout the entire movie, I let out small yelps that Keith couldn't hear. One scene was so scary I hid in my blanket for some time. 

"Pidge, are you sure you want to watch this? We don't have to," Keith said after I screamed at one part. Was he actually concerned when in the beginning, he was taunting me for being a scaredy-cat.

"N-No, I-I'm fine," I stuttered, holding my blanket close to me.

"Come here," Keith said, shocking me. Seeing my confused expression, he clarified, "If you get scared, I can cover your eyes and tell you when the scene is over."

Blushing, I got up and sat next to him, huddled in my blanket but leaving some space in between us. Sighing, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me right next to him, making me squeak.

It was hard to concentrate on the movie since Keith's arm was still wrapped around my waist and I was practically glued to his side. As promised, he did cover my eyes in the parts that I said were scary. 

Luckily, this time, Keith did not sleep on top of me. It would be kind of hard to explain to Matt why I was right next to Keith and why he was sleeping on me.

As soon as the movie ended, I told Keith I needed to go to the bathroom and jumped away from his grasp, sprinting to the bathroom. 

After I was done and fixed my hair that got messed up a little bit, I walked into the kitchen and saw Keith at the stove, cooking some pasta. 

"Why are you making food?" I asked Keith, walking up to him.

Without looking at me, he answered, "Shiro and Matt will be here in an hour, and it is almost seven, so I decided to make some food. Plus, Matt told me that he didn't want the house burn down, so here I am, cooking."

Scowling at what Matt told Keith about cooking, I stood next to Keith and pleaded, "Can I please help you cook? I won't do anything wrong, I promise!"

Keith scoffed and said, "That is what you told your mom when you guys were baking brownies before the oven almost blew up because you put the temperature a few hundred degrees too high."

"Hey, that was baking, not cooking. Please, Keith, please?" I begged, and he looked at me before turning around and nodding.

I pumped up my hand in the air. Yes! 

"Okay, so what should I do?" I asked, excited.

"How about you stir the pasta around while I cut up the vegetables. And before you ask, no, you are not cutting the veggies. You're going to cut yourself." Aww man.

I grabbed the spoon from him and started to stir around the pasta. If this is how boring cooking is, I never want to cook ever again!

A few minutes later, I felt a presence behind me as an arm shot out and poured some veggies into the pasta.

Trying to control my breathing, Keith bent down to my ear and said, "Doing great Pidge."

"W-well, who wouldn't be doing great at stirring around pasta? It's really easy," I said, flustered that Keith was pressed up against me.

"Oh really? Let's see about that," Keith said, putting his arms around me and resting his head in the crook of my neck.

Even though the action surprised me, I continued to stir the pasta around. Nothing can make stirring pasta hard! Not even Keith.

Well, that is until I felt a pair of lips on my neck.

It surprised me so much that the spoon jerked out of my hand and a bunch of veggies fell out of the bowl and landed on the ground.

"Told you that it isn't as easy as you think it is," Keith whispered in my ear, kissing it once before moving away from me, leaving me still as a statue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Here is chapter 21! Sorry for the late update. I was really busy with school.

So...some Kidge is finally starting to happen! 

What did you think of this chapter? 

Is Kidge moving too fast? Too slow? Just right?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!