Placement test.

The group went into the room and grabbed their instruments. They had all left them their over summer because it's a hassle to get them on the bus and they weren't going to practice anyway.
The violin shelf had around 10 violins. Only about 7 were student's personal violins. The rest were beat up old extras.
Allura, Lotor, Nyma, and Rolo walked into the room. Allura played the violin, Lotor played the cello, Nyma viola, and Rolo bass.
Nyma was Lance's ex girlfriend and Rolo was her new boyfriend. Nyma was a total bitch who used Lance and totally took him for granted. Rolo was pretty nice. Nobody really understood why they were still dating. She started dating him after Lance broke up with her just to make him jealous. It really just made him feel bad for Rolo.

Lance tried to ignore them as he grabbed his instrument. Then, the boy with the purple eyes from earlier walked into the room, Coran right behind him.
Coran was the orchestra teacher. He was a little eccentric, but he was an okay teacher.
He guided the boy to the front of the room and stood up on a stool.
"HELLO STUDENTS. WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER YEAR AT GARRISON." He yelled way louder then he needed to. "YOU ALL PROBABLY KNOW EACHOTHER. THIS IS OUR NEW STUDENT, KEITH. HE JUST MOVED HERE, HE PLAYS THE CELLO!"
Lotor scoffed, he didn't want any competition.
Coran pushed the boy over to the cello section and went to grab a school cello. The rest of the class started tuning as Coran handed him an instrument and a bow.
Keith played all the strings and found that it was already in tune. Coran moved to the front of the room and on to the step stool in front of a large music stand.
"In a minute, I'm going to pass out some sheet music, we are all gonna play it one by one to find out your placement for the year. I will change the placement if you get better or worse. I will give you 15 minutes to practice."
He walked around the room, handing out the papers. They all began practicing to themselves. Some of them had gotten a little rusty over the summer.
Lance looked over to his left to examine Keith a little better. He looked strong and pretty tough. He had a scar running across his face. His eyes were certainly very striking. Keith was so focused on his playing tgat he didn't even realize that Lance was staring.
Lance actually examined Keith for so long that he forgot to practice the piece. Then Coran blew a whistle around his neck and yelled "TIME IS UP, DROP YOUR BOWS!"
Keith seemed very alarmed as he quickly covered his ears. Coran pointed at them all one by one and told them to play. Everyone did well, some better then others.
When it was Lance's turn, he felt pretty nervous, but he decided that it would be best to just relax, and if he did bad, he can get a better placement later.
Coran scribbled something down on his paper and pointed at Keith. "Now you!" Keith jumped and almost immediately started playing. He played the piece smoothly and perfectly. He then dropped the bow and took a deep breath.
Coran scribbled something with a smile on his face and moved on.
Once everyone was done, he walked back to the front and announced that he needed a second to think. He then left the room and the students relaxed.

*note* when I say "dropped the bow" I mean took it off the string and relaxed, not actually dropped it of the floor. If they dropped it on the floor, I would say "they dropped the bow on the floor"