Family

After almost a month of dating, Lance decided that his parents should know about Keith. Luckily the timing was perfect, it was almost halloween. His parents always threw a giant halloween party around this time. Hid mom loved to cook all the snacks and make cute little spooky pastries. His siblings loved dressing up and inviting their friends over.

After talking it over with Keith, they agreed that Lance should tell his parents about Keith before the party, but meet him on Halloween, or his mom could kinda, re-meet him. This time as his boyfriend. They figured out all of the logistics, but the only unanswered question was, how was he going to tell them? He had only really dated Nyma before, and she was pretty awful. Their parents might not like Keith because of Lance's prior bad choices. They might hate him just because he's a guy.

Lance decided to tell them during dinner. The whole family would be there and his parents would be in a good mood. This wasn't just him telling them he was dating Keith, it was also him coming out. Hopefully they wouldn't ask too many questions. Especially ones that Lance didn't know himself. The younger family members however might ask some stuff that his parents might have to explain...

When his mom called him for dinner. His blood pressure went up immediately. "Be- be right there!" He yelled down from his room. He unsteadily wobbled down the stairs to the kitchen. His nice and nephew, Camila and Mateo, ran past him, chasing eachother. Marco, Luis, Veronica, his parents and his grandparents were already at the table.

Their dining room was the largest room in the house. It was the only room that the entire family would be in at the same time. He grabbed a plate from the counter covered in green beans, mashed potatoes and cornbread. As he picked it up, he lost his grip and the plate fell from his hand. Luis just barely managed to catch the plate before everything fell off and broke the plate. "Lance! You good? You look like you're about to pass out." He said, handing him his plate back. 'No, that's my boyfriend's job.' He thought. "I'm fine. Just a little hungry." Lance said, sitting down.

His mom made everyone shut up for a second to say grace. Once they were done, she did the usual asking everyone how there day was and if there was anything new. Most of the time, Lance would just say, "nothing much." And they would move on. As his family slowly talked about their day, and his turn was approaching, he tried to calm his nerves and eat mashed potatoes.

Before long, his mom looked at Lance. "How about you? Anything new?" She asked. His whole family looked at him. Lance could tell he looked nervous. His abuela looked like she was about to ask what was wrong. Before she could he quickly said, "Um, actually, yeah." His family began to look more and more concerned. "So, um, well, I don't really know how to say this but, well....I'm dating someone, or well, I have been dating someone. For about a month now." He said shakily. His mom ghasped. "Lance, why didn't you tell me?" She asked. "I just didn't think you would approve. I'm sorry" his family had stopped eating. They were all just staring at him. "Well she better not be as awful as that Nyma." Veronica added. "Well, what's her name?" His dad asked. Lance felt his heartbeat go up. "Ummm, well, that's the thing. They, um, aren't a, um...a girl." He said.

Lance covered his face with his hands either to avoid seeing his parents expressions or to avoid having his parents see his. He could hear his family ghasp around him and Marco chuckle. He uncovered his eyes. Luis handed Marco a dollar. "Hey, don't bet on your brother's gayness." Veronica smacked them both upside the head. Lance looked at his mom and dad. "Sorry." His dad said. "What's his name?"

Lance explained to everyone that he was dating Keith. His mom already met him, but the rest of his family had only heard stories. "Thought you talked about that guy a lot." Marco teased.

Overall, his family was pretty chill with it. They just really really wanted to meet him. They agreed with his plan to invite Keith over for Halloween.