Walk

"Keith! You're awake!" Hunk ran over. "Yeah, sorry for falling on you earlier."
"Hey, better than you hitting tour head and dying."
"True."
Pidge ran over a lot slow than Hunk, arriving slightly out of breath. She recived a small pat from Lance. "Hey, Hunk, Pidge, Keith is gonna come with to my house but we need to stop by his house and grab his doggie." The two nodded and started walking towards the exit.

Pidge groaned. "You two are lucky that you got to skip your last class. We had to talk about a syllabus for foreevvverrrrr." She wined about how useless first days of school were for a few minutes.

Keith had already asked Shiro if he could go as long as he took Kosmo. Luckily, Keith lived on the way to Lance's house, so they could just stop by for a second. Lance had made him drink a large glass of water while they were walking. Keith objected at first, but the other option was being carried by Hunk for the 3rd time in one day.

Even though he had only known them for a day, Keith felt like he was a part of their group. Nobody else had ever been that nice to Keith in forever. He just hoped that they wouldn't grow to hate him. He just hoped that he wouldn't mess anything up.

Keith saw his house a few houses ahead and picked up his pace. "That's my house." He pointed. "I can go in, you guys just wait outside." He jogged up the steps and opened the door. Stacy was seemingly making some sort of food in the kitchen, while Brian sat on a chair in the living room watching some sort of sport. "Hey, mom, where is Kosmo's leash?" She looked at him. "It's in the closet. Where are you going?" Kosmo trotted into the room as he heard his leash jingle. "My friend's house." She nodded and returned to her salad.

Kosmo happily followed Keith outside. Keith didn't even hold the leash, he just hooked it onto the dog's harness, rolled it up and tucked it into the strap on the top of his harness. He just used the leash because lots of places don't allow unleashed dogs.

Pidge's eyes immediately lit up seeing the large dog. She squeaked like some kind of rubber duck. "CAN I PET HIM?" Keith nodded and she immediately knelt down and scratched the dog under his chin. Kosmo was probably bigger than her. He was a mixed breed, part German Shepherd probably because of his features, but he was a lot larger than most. Keith thought maybe he was half great dane. Maybe part boarder collie.

They kept walking towards Lance's house. Kosmo was being very well behaved. All three of them were big fans of the large dog. Lance looked like he was about to cry while watching Kosmo walk close next to Keith, even without using the leash. "He is such a good boy." He squeaked.

Lance pointed at a blueish house with a large garden out front. "There it is." They approached the house. The yard was wet from the sprinklers and they had large flat stepping stones on the grass. They each hopped across the stones, including Kosmo who adorably kept his paws on the rocks. Lance opened up the screen door and put a key in the lock. Once he opened it, a small middle aged woman loudly greeted them. "Lance! Lance's friends! Dog! Come in!" She ushered the small group in.

Lance led them to the living room and gestured for them to sit down. Pidge and Hunk sat with Kosmo on the couch, while Lance and Keith sat next to each other on the smaller sofa. Once they had all sat down, Lance's mom came in with a plate of various snacks. 'I wonder if she knew we were coming, or she was just making that and we happened to come over.' Keith wondered.

She sat the plate down on the coffee table. "Hi kids!" She said happily with a slight Spanish accent. "I know that you two are Pidge and Hunk, but who is the pretty, short one?" She pointed to Keith and Pidge burst out laughing. "I'm Keith." He said with an awkward polite smile. Lance's mom smiled. "You can call me Amy." She shook his hand and stepped back to adress the group. I'm about to go do some shopping. There are more snacks in the fridge if you finish that." She grabbed her keys, kissed Lance on the forehead and left.