Chapter Sixteen

I can't kiss Leo! Not only does Stephanie have a crush on him, but I'm trying to get it across to him that I only want to be friends. What kind of message is it sending him if I kiss him?

"Pass to Steph?" I said, but it came out as a question. I don't even know if that works in this game.

"There's no passes in spin the bottle Emma." Leo explained matter-of-factly.

At least I tried.

I sent an apologetic look Steph's way as I walked over to the boy's couch. This is not how tonight was suppose to go.

Once I was in front of Leo my distaste for this situation turned into nervousness. Although it was just Leo, I had still only kissed one person up to this point. What if I'm not a good kisser?

Who cares, it's just a peck? I thought to myself, and with that I leaned down and pressed my lips to Leo's for not even a second. This kiss might've been quicker than the one between Liam and Garrett.

"That was so weird! It was like kissing my brother." I joked, but also chose to say that because it gave Leo the message that I didn't want to be more than friends. I don't want to lead him on in any way.

Everyone laughed but when I looked at Leo he wasn't, instead he looked down at the floor, sadness written all over his face.

My heart ached for him, I didn't want to cause him any pain, I was trying to save him from getting hurt.

I went back to my spot beside Steph just as she spun the bottle.

We all watched as it rotated for far too long before stopping on Lisa.

The girls laughed and exchanged a peck as the rest of us cheered and laughed. Despite the hiccup with Leo, tonight's already been so much fun.

Next up was Lisa, who gave the bottle a weak spin so it quickly stopped, pointing at Garrett.

Lisa shrugged and walked over to Garrett, but he wasn't playing it as cool. His face was turning red and I saw his Adam's apple bob as he gulped nervously.

They quickly kissed and Garrett nudged Leo to take his turn, probably to get the attention off of himself.

Leo gave the bottle an unenthusiastic twirl and finally our plan to a huge turn for the better when it landed on Steph.

Lisa and I smiled at our friend as her cheeks heated when Leo walked over to her.

Instead of staying sat while Leo kissed her, Steph stood up, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him. Like really kissed him. It wasn't just an innocent peck, this kiss said so much more.

She would definitely be on his radar after that kiss.

"Get a room!" Lisa teased, tossing a throw pillow at the two kissing teens to break it up. It was kind of weird, watching two of my friends make out in front of everyone.

They jumped apart when the pillow hit them, and we all laughed at the dazed look in their eyes. I expected him to see her in a different light after tonight, but the guy looked awestruck. Hopefully his little crush on me was replaced by feelings for Steph.

"Seven minutes in heaven anyone?" Steph suggested when she saw how uncomfortable Garrett looked. It was his turn to go next in spin the bottle.

If Steph didn't suggest it I would've, just to save the poor guy.

Everyone, other than Garrett of course, nodded in agreement and my stomach filled with butterflies at what was about to happen.

"I pick Liam to go." Lisa started, just like we planned.