29| Assurance

as·sur·ance
/əˈSHo͝orəns/

noun
1. a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise.
"he gave an assurance that work would not recommence until Wednesday"

~•~

[One week later]

After a week of relaxing Daniel thought we should finally go on a date today. I just bit my lip to hold in my Cheshire Cat smile as I got ready.

D: Ready?

I nodded

D Okay then, let's go baby.

He picked me up. This has become his new thing, never letting me walk.

He carries  me down the steps and waved slightly at our friends before taking his keys and walking out the door. He places me in the car with a kiss on my nose.

D: I love you baby.

E: I love you too.

We pulled up minutes later at a garden full of candles and two log seats.

E: Dani it's beautiful.

D: Thank you babe...I had it planned over our tour I planned to come here the day I got back.

E: Really? All this for me?!

D: Anything for you.

We sat down and ate and then Daniel took me to the cliff to look at the sunset.

D: Wow.

E: Isn't it beautiful.

D: Not as beautiful as you.

E: That was so cliche but, you're so cute.

He smiled and moved away from me.

E: Wow look at that waterfall.

I turned to look at Daniel only to see him down on one knee with a small box in his hand.

D: Ella, when we first met I promised to never hurt you and never leave you....

E: Oh my gosh, Daniel?!

D: This is a confirmation that I will never leave you and we will never be apart. I will never hurt you or let harm come your way. I want to have you in the rest of my life and I knew that in a matter of hours knowing you. Now with this baby on it's way, and my love for you growing it's only right to confirm that this is forever. We are forever. So, Ella...my love and my entire world. Will you marry me?

E: Daniel! Yes! Of course!

He jumped up and put the ring on my finger. He picked me up kissed me as if his life had depended on it.

D: I can't believe your mine! Ella yo-you're mine forever! Ella I love you more than I have ever loved anything or anyone.

E: I am so happy too Daniel. I have never loved anymore more in my life. I love you.

I heard a small crowd of people and turned to see our family and friends had been watching.

D: SHE SAID YES!

Everyone cheered and clapped. We had a had a small party and it was safe to say it was the best night of my life.

I had Daniel forever.

Eventually I got tired and Daniel didn't want to get drunk so he took me home.

<TIME SKIP>

When we got home Daniel carried me up to our room and kissed me. His phone rang and he went to answer it.

D: I'll be back in a minute.

A few minutes later he returned frowning.

E: Dani? What's wrong?

He explained to me, that it was his manager and that he and the boys were called in for the night to the studio to work on the album. He wasn't allowed to decline as they only a month left to complete it.

He wanted to fight and stay but, I told him to go.

D: I am sooo sorry babe that I can't—

E: It's perfectly okay Daniel. We have tomorrow. This is something we will have to get used to. Together.

He smiled nodding and kissed me goodbye. He ran out of the house and I put on the TV.

An hour after he had left, I started not feeling good.

I went to the bathroom and threw up.

Then 20 minutes later, I had to pee and I returned to the bathroom.

It hurt. It hurt to pee?

I looked down and saw blood. No.

I was screaming and crying. No.

I thought the baby was healthy?

I thought everything was okay?

I thought this was my happy ending...

More blood escapes me as I yelled out in pain.

I knew what this meant. The horrible truth.

I had lost the baby.