52| Commemoration (p2)

com·mem·o·ra·tion
/kəˌmeməˈrāSH(ə)n/

noun
•remembrance, typically expressed in a ceremony.
"solemn ceremonies of commemoration"
•a ceremony or celebration in which a person or event is remembered.
plural noun: commemorations
"VJ-Day commemorations in August"

~•~

<5 days later>

I opened the door and saw my parents.

My Mom was crying.

DM: Hi sweetie

D: Hey mom

E: Hi my other mama.

My mom smiled and hugged Ella tightly

DM: I am so sorry my girly....he was a great man.

E: Thanks

Ella sniffled and hugged my dad.

DD: Hey was pretty cool

Ella giggles and I used my thumb to wipe her tears.

DM: Wheres Lucy?

D: In the kitchen with everyone else .

E: Come on in.

{TIME SKIP 3 hours}

The ceremony started. We sat in the front row and Ella hugged onto me until it was time for the eulogy.

{ELLAS POV}

I stepped up and a tear fell down my face as I stared at my family and friends, everyone who loved my dad as much as we did.

I tried talking but, the words didn't come out. I looked at Daniel who smiled at me and I began.

E; Today we remember a man who was an amazing father, husband, uncle, cousin, father in law, friend and could've been an amazing grandfather for sure.

I looked at my semi large stomach.

E: The day I found out about my little monsters was the same day I found out about his sickness...my husband told me something that made me calm immediately. He told me my dad was ever truly gone. It's true. My father was fantastic, he never was a angry person he always smiled and I am certain his smile was contagious. He never had one bad thing to say about anyone. And now from the heavens he will stay in that perfect position forever. If any of us thought he would give up on any of us that quickly...we were darn wrong. My father never gave up. Even though my babies will never meet him, I know 100% they will feel they know him from all the stories I can tell. I know that my father although he can never hold my babies, he will protect them and give them advice and make them smile with the smile that he gave us....he gave me everyday. My father always knew what was best. He knew from the start that Daniel was amazing and we would end up together and he was right. He will be forever missed but never forgotten. I love you dad....

I smiled at the ceiling knowing somewhere in this room he was there listening...laughing...smiling.

E: I also have a little extra something for everyone...for you dad. In my fathers goodbye note as he knew he was dying he asked Daniel to say a few words and Daniel...could you.

Daniel ran up smiling and giggled.

D: He haunts me even from the grave...he knows how bad I am with speeches. Darn you James!

Everyone laughed and chucked...Daniel could easily make a bad situation better.

D: Now James was a man who from the day I met him I knew he was an waning father. And no offense to my dad but I aim to be like him for Ella and for our babies. He made me smile an incredible amount and he even let me take his most prized possession, Ella. James put all him faith in me and now with him gone the pressure is on more...and I am determined to never let him down. At our wedding he told me he trusted me and he said "I know I won't last forever so when I do leave...I need you to make sure Ella never is sad...she's always happy..." he said "I believe you Daniel are the only one capable of doing a possible better job then me" and don't worry James. I would never let you down. He was truly amazing. And I know if he were still here today he would be an amazing grandparent. So to James...I love you like my second father....and I will never break you trust even though you completely threw me under the bus with a surprise speech for you. And one things for sure. He knew he would watch us and never truly leave because before he died he made sure he could see me struggle to find words and give him a show as I said goodbye. So an F U to him and an I love you because he truly knew what he was doing when he helped to raise the amazing girl, I get to call mine.

Everyone laughed and clapped.

Daniels speech was touching yet hilarious making everyone crying hault.

We all knew my dad would be pissed knowing we spent days crying over him.

I missed him like crazy but, I knew as long as I had Daniel he would never truly be gone.

His memory would live on as we would forever remember him...as the amazing person he was.