Chapter Seventeen

Last night was so much fun, after the movie everyone went home and I went to bed with a smile on my face.

But reality came crashing back today at school.

The blonde girl that Liam's been hanging out with, who's name I learnt is Danielle, has been clinging to Liam since he got to school this morning.

I was going to apologize to him for everything I said to him before all the gang stuff happened, but I didn't get a chance to because Danielle ran into his arms as soon as he stepped out of his car.

I just wanted him to know that I didn't think he was a bad person, that I judged him too harshly before I really knew him, and that I want to be friends.

But I haven't seen him yet without that girl by his side.

Now it's lunch and I'm sitting at the usual table with the girls, but Leo and Garrett also joined us. The only person missing is Liam, and I bet Danielle has something to do with it.

I picked at the fries I bought for lunch, but I wasn't very hungry. After the realization that I might have feelings for Liam, my stomach has been in a giant nervous knot.

I feel the need to tell him how I feel, but if he doesn't feel the same way, it'll ruin everything. I'll never get to even be friends with him, and I won't be able to win the three kisses game because he'll stay away from me if he knows how I feel and doesn't share those feelings.

Why does this have to be so difficult?

Why do I have to have feelings?

"We're in for a treat." Garrett suddenly grumbled, and I turned around to look in the direction he was staring.

Liam was approaching the table, and his little sidekick was clinging to his arm. What is going on with them?

"Hey friends!" Danielle squealed as she sat down right beside me, patting the seat on the other side of her for Liam to sit in.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep my annoyance at bay. I've never wanted someone to spontaneously combust as much as I want her to.

"Where have you two been?" Leo asked the question we were all wondering.

Danielle giggled before replying, "I was spending some alone time with my boyfriend."

If I had water in my mouth, I would've spat it out.

Boyfriend?

When did this happen?

"You two are together?" Garrett asked, his face screwed up in confusion, completely mirroring my own.

"Yeah, I knew Liam had a thing for me, so today I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend." Danielle explained.

"And he said yes?" Garrett questioned, his dark eyes squinted in doubt.

Danielle nodded her head happily and cuddled up to Liam, who had stayed silent this whole time.

His face was impassive, not letting anyone know what he was thinking or feeling, and his honey brown eyes were just as blank. Does he really want this?

He didn't seem to have a real interest in her, and yesterday he tried to kiss me during seven minutes in heaven. Why would he do that if he liked Danielle?

What is he doing?

The bell signalling the end of lunch rang and snapped me out of my thoughts.