Tenth Corpse: The Rally

❝We've had our differences and we've suffered because of those differences.❞

+ + +

Tenth Corpse | The Rally

+ + +

[Z-day +1 | Apr. 15 | 21:16hrs]

A strangled scream left me as we tumbled down almost seven steps before hitting the ground below.

I slammed into the ground shoulder first and a pained cry left me as Rei's full weight crushed my midsection.

"Rei! Katya!" Takashi yelled before the sound of his feet on the stairs met my ears. I heard several feet thudding across the floor and several gasps told me that a number of people had arrived on the scene.

Rei's weight left me and I could suddenly breathe again. I gasped, gulping in air greedily and coughing.

Someone gripped my hurt shoulder and I hissed in pain.

"Sorry!" Kohta mumbled, making me realize that he was the one as he pulled his hand back to his side looking scared that he'd hurt me.

"Katya? Kat, are you okay?" Quinton entered my line of sight, crouching down in front of me and looking me over worriedly. Saeko stood behind him and I thought I saw concern on her face as she too looked me over.

"My shoulder..." I muttered, pushing myself into a sitting position with my other arm, "I landed on it badly." I could have snapped at him or told him to leave me alone but at that point I think I was just done with drama for the day.

Apparently the drama wasn't done with me.

"What happened here? How'd you fall?" Saya asked me with a raised eyebrow, "It's not like you to be so clumsy."

"I wasn't," I muttered irately, glaring at Rei who was being looked over by Takashi.

Saya followed my line of sight and glanced between Rei and me, putting two and two together. To my surprise, her eyes darkened in anger and she turned on Rei. "You pushed her?!" She snapped in disbelief, "Are you out of your mind?!"

Rei's eyes widened and she glanced from Saya to me before her eyes darkened, "I...I didn't push her! She pushed me!"

My jaw dropped. Did this bitch just...? "You two-faced, lying bitch!" I spat indignantly, getting to my feet. Pain shot through my shoulder and I winced, cradling the tender spot gently.

"You're the two-faced one here!" She retorted, glaring, "Pretending to like Takashi when you really wanted Hisashi!"

"Excuse me?" I growled furiously, "Do I look like my name's Rei Miyamoto to you? Last I checked, I wasn't the one swapping spit with my boyfriend's killer!"

Takashi slammed the side of his fist into the wall beside him, startling everyone and drawing all attention to himself.

"That's enough..." He muttered quietly, "Both of you..."

"But Takashi, she--" Rei was cut off by Quinton this time.

"Just shut up, Rei," he snapped, glaring at her in disapproval. When that disapproving glare swung my way, I flinched. "What is wrong with you two?" He asked, disappointment coating his words. "Did you actually use Hisashi's death to pick a fight with each other? Really?!"

"It wasn't like that..." I said quietly, looking down at the already healing puncture wound where my chopstick had stabbed into my hand just yesterday morning. I folded my fist tightly and looked up, glaring at first Rei and then Takashi. "They're just so selfish... He died yesterday...and they didn't even mourn him." My eyes stung, "He doesn't deserve to be disrespected this way!"