Thirty Second Corpse: A Promise To Kill

❝That isn't fair!❞

+ + +

Thirty Second Corpse | A Promise To Kill

+ + +

[Z-day +8 | Apr. 22 | 13:01hrs]

"I'm definitely not complaining but how'd you get your hands on these?" Quin asked, sounding both bemused and in awe as he checked through the bag of guns Victor had, with Thomson and Kohta.

"Oh, I got them for a steal at the airport," Victor said nonchalantly and I shook my head at him, scoffing in amusement.

"These will be a big help with those biters that keep coming out of the woodwork," Thomson murmured, gently stroking the side of a glock. Of course he had a gun fetish.

"You mean the tunnel biters?" Victor suddenly asked and we all exchanged glances before looking at him.

"Vix, what tunnel are you talking about?" I questioned with a frown.

"The subway-like tunnel in the middle of the mountain," he answered, glancing back and forth among our ranks, "You guys really didn't know about it? I thought that was where you and Hirano were heading when I found you."

"We didn't know there was a tunnel but we knew zeds were coming from somewhere," Kohta clarified, "We split into teams to find the source but I guess you beat us to it." He flashed a good-natured grin at Victor before fist-bumping him. I had no clue if anyone else noticed but Kohta was completely different in Victor's presence. It was like he was more confident. Clearly the Kohta he knew was different from the Kohta we knew. Maybe he was less of a target during his time over in the states, and had more of a chance to shine. He wasn't much different from our Kohta but it was still somewhat surprising to witness.

"I found it on my first day here," Victor explained. "Stumbled into a mob of the biters and barely made it out. I came back later to scout the place out but they had already dispersed. When I found the tunnel, it didn't take much to figure out that was their entry point. It's likely connected to the mainland."

I turned to Saya, "Did you know about a tunnel?"

She shook her head with a frown, "I had no idea. I've never heard a thing about this. It must not be in use anymore. But then, how did the dead find it in the first place?"

That was the million dollar question. The only way they'd know to make it through the tunnel was if something led them here. Noise maybe?

"I'm not sure but it's possible someone else was here before any of us," Victor pointed out, "I'm thinking they either came through the tunnel or they didn't realise what was going on on the mainland and made too much noise."

"No one is supposed to be here right now, though," Saya pointed out, frowning deeply, "But if there is someone else here, I think we need to either find them or get off the island, somehow." She looked at Victor, "This time we got lucky and met up with a friendly face but I don't think we should push our luck again."

"Do we really have to leave?" Alice asked sadly. She was clearly attached to the island paradise despite everything.

"We can't, we don't have a way off the island," Kohta pointed out gloomily.

"Technically, we do," Victor said with a grin, "If they can get onto the island through the tunnel then we can get off the island through the tunnel. We'd only have to clear them out."