Forty Fifth Corpse: A Time To Live .II.

"If you can handle it, then there's no reason I can't."

+++

Forty-Fifth Corpse | A Time To Live .II.

+++

A/WARNING: Okay, so I feel I must warn the little lambs that may be reading this book. There are some bits of this chapter that may be inappropriate for those below 15. Honestly nothing super explicit happens or anything, there's just a lot of suggestive language and some mature topics mentioned for the latter half of the chapter—it's a celebration, things got wild >.> In any case, proceed with some caution, okay?

[Z-day+21 | May.05 | 16:53Hrs]

"We have to take a picture!" Mia insisted, her eyes burning as she looked at Remi and me, standing side by side and examining each other with approving eyes.

"We don't have working phones or—" my words cut off as she retrieved a Polaroid camera from a nearby box.

She grinned at my stupefied expression before giggling and explaining, "I thought we might look hot enough to be immortalized in film." She winked when she finished speaking before walking over to my other side and hugged my arm. Remi hugged my other arm and squeezed close and Mia held the camera away from us and before long we were holding several developing photos while taking out funny pictures in a group, pairs and solo.

"Alright alright, let's go see how the guys are," I spoke up when I'd had enough of our photo-shoot. We left the room together and entered the main room where Dante was setting up a CD player and had just pressed play. The sounds of the sitar, tabla and bansuri[7] floated on in a happy, festive tune which I didn't know the name of.

He looked up when we entered the room and his eyes widened.

Remi giggled as she saw his wide-eyed expression and open mouth, running up to him and twirling around causing her skirt to fan out attractively. "Pretty, right?" she asked as she came to a stop and looked up at him with bright eyes.

The sun was already setting so the room was dim save for the lantern lights, but I could clearly see Dante's cheeks and ears turning red as he lowered his eyes and nodded. "Beautiful," he said softly, brief and concise, but I didn't doubt his feelings—they were always clear as day.

Remi giggled and looked him up and down, "You look really handsome!" she explained, and I silently mourned for Dante's poor heart as he lowered his head so far that his chin seemed like it was tucked into his neck. Remi clearly had no idea of her effect on him if her naive smile was anything to go by.

She was right though—he did look good. He was wearing a silver tunic top and dark red baggy pants—it was simple, but I knew that the guys wouldn't get as dressed up as we did, yet Mia managed to make him look designer anyway, his purple hair standing out and complementing the silver of his tunic. He was free of jewelry except for the simple silver clip with a red ruby gem which pinned back one half of his hair.

"I'm telling you there's no law and order anymore, kid—seize the day and have a few beers before the world goes back to normal!" Thomson's voice was teasing with a tinge of seriousness as he walked through the door, one arm carrying a six-pack of bottled beer with its name printed in giant letters as 'Asahi'[8], and the other arm curved around a bottle of sake like he was holding a child. Walking in just behind him was Yamada who was holding a bottle of wine in each hand, one red and one white.