01

daniel seavey didn't think he was crazy. apparently everybody else did. daniel thought he was totally normal. at least, more normal than everybody else in this place.

daniel was being kept in a mental hospital until further notice for his extreme anxiety and anorexia. although he hated this place, he didn't want to leave.

in his time being here, daniel has felt more at home than at home.

most of his anxiety came from home. he was constantly being locked inside his room while his family had meetings just downstairs. it wasn't until a major storm blew through the city of portland that daniel's anxiety triggered.

little daniel, only being ten years old at the time was frightened; shaking as he held the the thick comforter over his eyes. he squealed as thunder cracked though the small oregon household.

as the storm went on, his parents never checked on the boy or answered his calls and pleas for his once loving parents to come hold him and make him feel safe.

———————

at sixteen years old, daniel, who still had major anxiety issues had finally found a loving girlfriend. he loved her
with all his heart and wanted to keep her safe.

after just six months of dating, his girlfriend started to pick up on his anxious ways. she sat him down, talking to him all about it. only, it wasn't too nice.

the girl talked about how if he continued to be a 'scaredy cat' about everything, she'd break up with the poor boy for 'not being able to protect her and make him feel safe.'

this confused daniel. he didn't know what safe was. he had never felt safe before. the feeling was foreign to him.

as the months went on, the girl began to notice him 'gaining weight.' now, of course he wasn't actually gaining weight, she just needed an easy target to start with as she wanted
to break up with him.

as she once again sat daniel down, she went on about how he was 'too big' or 'not skinny enough to protect her.'

this saddened daniel. he tried everything in his power to make himself skinnier. this led him to be anorexic.

as a few more months passed by, the girl suddenly started to worry about daniel. he was was losing weight
fast; too fast.

the girl, knowing he had a difficult time at home, made a call to a mental facility.

and that's where he is now. for two years he's been there. he enjoyed it. he's made friends with the nurses as
well. it was so much better than 'home.'

the girl who broke him, was the same girl who saved him. and he thanks her
for that.