33

just a few days later, the five boys sat at the same table they've been sitting at everyday for more than a month.

today, daniel woke up with a weird feeling in his stomach. last night he had a nightmare also, which he didn't get often.

he shook off his negative thoughts and attempted to put his attention back on the conversation that the others were having.

"daniel?" jack asked from next to him.

"huh?" he asked.

"are you okay? you've been on edge all day. not to mention, you're squeezing my hand pretty tight." jack laughed.

"uh, yeah. i'm fine." daniel nervously laughed.

"you're not okay." jack spoke bluntly.

jack squeezed daniel's hand comfortingly as daniel leaned his head on jack's shoulder.

"has your anxiety been acting up again?" jack asked concerningly.

daniel nodded his head as his eyes became glossy.

"i don't know why, jack."

"it's okay, daniel. you're fine, nothing will hurt you. i promise."

daniel's hand began shaking inside jack's.

"you wanna go to your room daniel?" jack asked.

"alright. guys we'll be back. i'm just gonna go bring daniel to his room. i'll be back later." jack began standing up next to daniel.

jonah glances down at daniel's shaking hand that held onto jack's.

"is he alright?"

"he'll be okay."

"wait." corbyn spoke.

"take this." corbyn smiled as he grabbed his bear from beside him.

"you took the bear to the food court?" asked jack.

"come on jack." daniel tugged lightly at the boy's hand as he could feel an attack coming.

"alright, thank corbyn."

"be safe daniel!"