38

jack had spent the next forty-five minutes whispering sweet nothings into corbyn's ears in attempt to calm the boy down.

finally, corbyn laid atop jack's chest, holding daniel's hand as a mixture of hiccups, whistles, and sniffles were heard.

his breathing has calmed down and his shaking ceased.

"you're okay now, corbyn." jack whispered into corbyn's ear as his hands caressed the blonde's lower back. jack then planted a light kiss on his forehead, hoping to soothe the boy even more.

"tell me corbs, what did they do to you?" daniel asked softly as his thumb pressed over corbyn's knuckles.

"the same thing." corbyn spoke out quietly, daniel and jack could barely hear him.

"the same thing they did to jonah?" jack asked softly.

corbyn nodded as he pushed his head deeper into jack's chest, wanting to get away from everything.

"that's it! i— i'm done here! i can't take this anymore, we're all going to get hurt!" jonah stood up angrily.

"jo, calm down." daniel spoke quietly.

"no! i'm going to go and do something about this!"

"nothing can be done! we don't have any names of the guards or people that did it! no one will believe us." daniel spoke once again.

"we have one name. don't think i didn't see what he did. zach was right. eben is behind all of this. and he's about to do something worse."