30

"why did eben want to fight you?" asked corbyn from the bed.

"he—uh..." jack didn't know what to say. he couldn't just come out to corbyn and tell him that eben said he was messed up.

"was it about me?" he asked softly.

"corbyn, no—"

"i knew it was. he always had something against me. i'm not gonna lie and say that i didn't have a problem with him though." corbyn spoke harshly as he hiccuped.

jack sighed before speaking. "yes, corbyn. it was about you. i tried to defend you, but that didn't exactly happen."

"thank you for trying. i appreciate it." corbyn smiled slightly as he picked at the bracelet on his wrist.

wanting to change the subject, daniel spoke up.

"what's written on the bracelet?" he asked as he sat on the bed next to corbyn.

"it has my sister's name on it with a heart." corbyn smiled as he mentioned his sister.

"what is she like?" asked jonah.

"she's amazing. she's my best friend, no offense daniel." corbyn chucked, a whistle following.

"i miss her." he sighed as he laid back on his bed.

"why don't you go and use the lobby phone to call her?" asked zach.

"or..." corbyn trailed off as he stood up.

corbyn rushes around the room until he made his way to his closet. he pulled jack off his chair, causing him to land on the ground.

"ouch."

"sorry." corbyn laughed as he pulled the chair to the closet.

corbyn stepped on the rolling chair as he searched through a bucket.

"woah, woah, woah. you're gonna fall corbyn." jonah laughed as he rushed over to corbyn, grabbing his hips so he wouldn't fall.

finally finding what he wanted, corbyn jumped off the chair. in his hand was an iphone 8.

"where'd you get that? we're not allowed to have phones here." daniel spoke in amazement.

"during the exams, nurse maggie let me have her old phone. those exams kind of— you know, took a toll on me and i wanted to call my mom."

"why didn't you use the lobby phone?" asked zach.

"it was three am."

「𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 」

𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘺𝘯 𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘥, 𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺. 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯.